Thread: no mail notification on Outlook 2010

no mail notification on Outlook 2010

Hi i am having the dell vostro laptop with all the latest configuration and i am using it from the last few days, it has windows 7 as its operating system and also the Intel core 2 duo as its processor, Also i have installed the Microsoft Outlook 2010 that to the latest edition earlier it was working fine But as last few days i am facing a problem that i am not receiving the email notification when any new email is received by me, Also several times i have noticed that there where several messages in my inbox and i was not even knowing and that too because of this notification problem, Also if am sending any message or email to any one then i am not even getting the delivery report. I am confused a lot i am not able to figure out this problem and also not able to solve this one , Please can anyone let know what the actual problem is and how can i solve it.

re: no mail notification on Outlook 2010

It seems to me that there is nothing wrong with the outlook that you are using i guess in this case it is Outlook 2010, the problem actually lies in the settings of the account that you are using, because it may happen that the memory of the account may exceed or also it may have happen that the limit of he message holding capacity has over so it is not accepting more mails, So in this case what you have to do is just delete all the old mails in your inbox and then see to it whether the problem is solved or not , i hope that it will solve it for sure.

Sometimes the outlook tends to give such errors and the error goes on frequent basis if the outlook is the beta version, So firs make sure that the version that you are using of the outlook 2010 is an beta version or not , if it is an beta version then please try to uninstall this one and install the latest and the new in the market and that to an original one, In this case i want to suggest you that you better remove the beta version because it always has a limited period of life, Beta is nothing but version that has been set by the company to check out whether there any bugs in there software. And this software has a limited time period of time so always stay away from this beta version, And if you really found that yours is the beta version then change it to the original, to this you have to first uninstall the old version of the Outlook that your system has and then install the new latest and the original one, hope this one will solve your problem.
    Last edited by chroma; 19-10-2010 at 01:32 AM.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you have some settings problem of the Outlook. and there are several ways that you can get rid of this problem,It is just a matter of changing the settings of the Microsoft Outlook. So to do the appropriate changes in the Microsoft Outlook you have to follow the below steps:
    • To enable the email notification you have to first open the Microsoft Outook
    • Once you will open the Outlook then you will find there a Office button in the upper-left corner just click that button.
    • After clicking on the office button a new option tab will open on the left side of the window. Click Options on the left side.
    • There you have to click on Mail.
    • Once you will click on the mail option there you will find the “Message arrival” area which is nothing but the settings for when new messages.
    • So do one thing just check the envelope icon in the notification area to yes the notification area.

Then indeed you must have fixed your problem .

I guess that you may have not been getting the messages due to the IMAP settings of yours, it may happens that sometimes you will not get the settings of the IMAP working proper also one thing that i want to mention here is that if this is the case then you should contact the service provider of yours and also place the complaint over there and it seems to me that they will help you for sure and also fix your problem as soon as possible.

This may be a network problem for sure because now a days many of the users are facing the similar problem, If you will ask me than i will suggest you to just go and check the internet settings and perform the connection test what it will do is just confirm that whether there is any thing wrong with the network or not and also try and do the ping test which will tell you tel you the exact position of the network with the speed. This problems generally occurs if there are problems in the connection settings , So please try the above test and get rid of the problem that you are facing , and i ma sure that it will help you .

This is the similar kind pf problem that i was facing a week before and also got frustrated a lot because many of my messages where left unread for many days and i was not able to know about that mails, I want to mention one thing over here is that if the IMAP of yours is failing to cope up with the conditions of not notifying you but i am sure that it will pop up and will inform you that there is a new message or something like that. If you are not getting the pop also then i am dam sure that there is the problem with the browser of yours so change the browser to Mozilla Firefox or any latest one in the business. Ans i am sure that there is the problem with the browser and this one will help you for sure.