Thread: How To Schedule A Specific Time To Automatically Update Definitions

How To Schedule A Specific Time To Automatically Update Definitions

I am using Microsoft Security Essentials on my system to protect my system from many harmful programs such as spyware program, viruses and worms, Trojan horse program, and other malicious software program. These software program damage computer systems in many ways from crashing it by viruses whereas Trojans can leak your confidential information on internet to some other user which is doing spy on you. So to avoid such happen to my system I am using Microsoft Security Essentials security from Microsoft and I update it regularly so that it can protect the system from the latest malicious software. But sometime this update create problem while working on computer, it slows down my computer system tremendously and freezes Web Pages while working on internet. so I want to know if there is way through which I can make update on specific time .

Re: How To Schedule A Specific Time To Automatically Update Definitions

I have not come across such problem using Microsoft Security Essentials Update which i am using from long time to protect my computer from types of malicious software which can damage the computer system in many ways. One thing is there when the automatic updates are performed on background it defiantly slow down the system performance of my computer. So you can do one thing that at the time of automatic update to Microsoft Security Essentials definition just keep your system idle so you will not face any slowness in the machine as soon as it finishes start with your work.

As per my knowledge you can not schedule the automatic update of Microsoft Security Essentials definition because it is performed on the bases of there policy and it uses the same BITS service for updates that your Windows operating system uses. Updates should normally occur in the background. Updates are done for Microsoft Security Essentials definition to protect computer system from the viruses, bugs etc. which may harm the system and create problem in system by crashing system of damaging the data in it. so the update of MSE definition should be done periodically so that it can protect from latest harmful software program you should go for update to protect your system in which you are using Microsoft Security Essentials for security from malicious software programs.
    Last edited by ThoMas321; 19-10-2010 at 01:32 AM.

I am using Microsoft Security Essentials which is the only protection in my system for malicious programs. I am using a Digital Subscriber Line connection from phone company as my internet provider and computer is working on Windows XP operating system. I am facing problem with the Microsoft Security Essentials updates mostly for Internet Explorer when updates are installed as Many times it freeze the web page in internet explorer and some time page does not open fully i have to refresh to do so. So i too want to have the solution if it is possible to do such update on particular time.

I think you can uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials and try to go for different security programs as any other anti spyware or anti adware software for internet security. This might resolve your issue with Microsoft Security Essentials definition update other software programs which you may use can be updated as per your convenient or it may come with updated version so you need not to go for update every time. Problem with internet explorer will also resolve as it was only while you were using Microsoft Security Essentials.

I know the update for Microsoft Security Essentials definition will downgrade or slowdown your computer performance for that you have just one solution is that just move to other security measures like anti spyware or anti adware software for internet security. And as far as your other problem with internet explorer is concern this might be resolve if you move to latest version of it latest version of internet explorer is IE 8.

You can Schedule a Specific Time To Automatically Update Definitions or several times by the advance schedule option provided in update option. It is likely that you might need to schedule for multiple update checks per day in your system. So your problem can be solve in this way and other problem regrading web page freezing can be with internet explorer so you should try for another browser to access internet on your machine.