Thread: Automatic Microsoft Security Essentials Update under a proxy network

Automatic Microsoft Security Essentials Update under a proxy network

I am using Compaq machine with the specification of AMD 3800+ dual core, a motherboard which is from Asus M2N32 SLI DEL with Video card of Asus Geforce 7900 TOP. I am using windows 7 as my operating system using which I am having proxy server in my computer network to secure my data of my machine and access internet service to do some work on internet for which I have to use proxy network. I am using Microsoft Security Essentials because it helps protect my computer system against spyware, viruses, worms, Trojans, and other malicious software which can harm my system. It is available at no cost, there's no registration process that requires billing or personal information collection. I installed after a quick download and Genuine Windows validation and then stays automatically up-to-date with the latest protection technology and signature updates. So I want to know if I can get the automatic updates for Microsoft Security Essentials under proxy network.
    Last edited by Zurina; 18-10-2010 at 11:58 PM.

Re: Automatic Microsoft Security Essentials Update under a proxy network

I am also using Microsoft Security Essentials on my computer in which i am using windows Vista as operating system. I installed Microsoft Security Essentials from the official Microsoft website as it doesn't require any registration process in which you have to provide your personal information and there you don't have to pay anything for it. To get the its automatic update i have installed it after a quick download and Genuine copy so it is updated whenever there is any new update for it is launched. But i don't have any idea about proxy network auto update.

You can visit to the official Microsoft website where you may have link for Microsoft Security Essentials Update from where you can check if there is possibility that you may get the updates for Microsoft Security Essentials under proxy server as you are using latest operating system windows 7 in your machine there may be possibility that you may not get the update for Microsoft Security Essentials under proxy network because i haven't heard of any such updates for Microsoft Security Essentials under proxy server. So i suggest you to visit to the official site which may provide you with the link or information to get the best possible option for your problem.

As you have mentioned you are using proxy network you may try to use following given steps :
    • Go to Start, select Run in text area type cmd and then Click on OK button.
    • When command prompt window opens up just type proxycfg -p <var>proxy server name</var>:<var>port number</var> and then press ENTER.

Mention exact proxy which is similar to ip address and port number in place of proxy server name:port number.

You can not have automatic updates for Microsoft Security Essentials under proxy network because i was using Microsoft Security Essentials under proxy network but i didn't get any update for it under proxy network. So i think you can not have the automatic updates for it so you have to change your network if you have to get the automatic update. Microsoft Security Essentials protect your machine from spyware, viruses, worms, Trojans, and other malicious software which can harm your computer in multiple ways and crash your machine to fix this you must use updated Microsoft Security Essentials which help to fix such bugs in your machine.