Thread: Where to find free Songbird Audio Player for MP3, FLAC, OGG

Where to find free Songbird Audio Player for MP3, FLAC, OGG

I have used many music players on my Windows Vista operating system but none of them were applicable to any kind of music formats. Actually there are many formats supported by these players but somehow, They lacks in supporting some formats such as FLAC, OGG. I have heard that the Songbird is the best music application which can support almost all the formats of the music files which I really don't believe. Can anybody tell me is it true or not and if yes then where can I find the download for the free of it?

Re: Where to find free Songbird Audio Player for MP3, FLAC, OGG

Often compared to iTunes, Songbird Audio Player offers opportunities for free music management and video that go far beyond. It therefore incorporates the engine of Mozilla products, and achievements of the project Vlc. More than a media player, Songbird is a Web browser dedicated to audio and video. It has the ability to identify audio and video included in the pages or RSS feeds, which saves you from unnecessary mouse clicks. It's all you have to listen, or download them into your library.

Songbird like mozilla products is scalable and provides extensions dedicated to its use. Listening more interactive discover novelty (can log in to blogs and music sites) or get additional information on the track during playback (via extensions): tags, size, flow , license, wikipedia article of the artist, lyrics or videos, and photos from concerts. Songbird is still gaining velocity, especially when you start the application in the next version. The developers acknowledge that they are still working, but a version of this software is stable and powerful enough to be used daily. For me, Songbird is a very good overview of 3 essential software: iTunes, VLC and Firefox.

If you want to download the free version of the Songbird then it should not be headache for you as it is knows as a free alternative of an iTunes. I suggest you to type "Free Songbird" on the google which will result in the many many websites from where you can download the free version of the Songbird Audi Player. This application is just beautiful as it lets you do many things as same as an iTunes.

"Songbird" is intended to be to iTunes what Firefox is to Internet Explorer or what Thunderbird to Outlook Express. Clearly, Songbird is a free software that aims to become a complete music player to rival the best commercial software of its kind. Its interface is heavily inspired by iTunes, and its features are also close to Apple's software. Songbird allows to create playlists, burn CDs, find the songs by a filtering system dynamics, by artist or album, etc.. It has the left side of the interface a whole lot of links to search engines music (including Creative Commons to find free music), trading platforms, Internet radio, podcasts or other.

There are lots of iPhone or iPod or portable music player users who all are not so satisfied with an Apple's iTunes as using this applications becomes trocky sometime and it confuses the user to sync their portable thing with such music player. But Songbird is bit more simpler then that of an iTunes even though it has been said as analternative free software of an iTunes. I have provided you the link from where you can download the Songbird 1.4.1 Beta 2 which you may find useful for you. Click on its name to redirect yourself to the download page.

No, this is not a joke, after mature reflection, the Songbird team decides not to develop a version for GNU / Linux. While the development team is close to a new version by the end of the month it will be officially available only for Windows and Mac OS X. The sources, however, will always be available for Linux including versions nightly builds (compiled every night), but there will be no new features, like support devices or ripping audio CDs.