Thread: (Vista) Open/Save dialog boxes no longer appear so I cannot save files/images! Help?!

Exclamation (Vista) Open/Save dialog boxes no longer appear so I cannot save files/images! Help?!

I can't seem to find any threads with the exact same problem, maybe I'm not looking properly due to impatience and partly the fact that I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, so if this is in the wrong place then apologies!

Basically the title says it all. My laptop started playing up maybe a month ago now, I would go to save an image I found online and the dialog box would not appear so I couldn't actually save it, nothing happened at all no freezing no sounds just nothing! But after restarting my laptop it would work again for a while. This happened a few times and being lazy, I just resolved the problem by restarting each time instead of getting to the root of it.
    Now, no matter how many times I restart my laptop, install updates, and do virus scans, the windows just don't pop up at all - I wish I'd realised this before I started pasting a ton of uni research into a word doc and then not being able to save it.

Anyway, I've ranted on enough now, I hope that's the right info for someone to be able to help me out

Re: (Vista) Open/Save dialog boxes no longer appear so I cannot save files/images! Help?!

Well, i have seen many users faced this problem in Windows Vista. Here what i can suggest you is restore your system to any previous restore point where it was working problem. Also am not sure but it may be the cause of any virus as well. so, scan you system with any good and updated antivirus program. For more info about the dialogue box, see this post: File Open/Save Dialog not responding