Thread: Microsoft called, eventvwr scam?

Microsoft called, eventvwr scam?

I am getting multiple times call from Microsoft. The person who call me ask me to enter eventvwr in my RUN bar. But I always lied to him, that I am running Vista when he ask that I am running XP. After this he doesn't make any further question and told me to continue. Now I do not have any idea that vista might have different RUN option. But this doesn't make any difference as he is calling me multiple times and He might call me in future also. Can any one tell me what should I reply him so that he do not call me again? Does I am the only person who got this type of call. Please inform if you have any answer? Thank you in Advance.Your effort will be appreciated.

Re: Microsoft called, eventvwr scam?

Microsoft is not going to call you until you do not share or you do not have ask them to contact you. They will never gather information from user until they do not have permission from user. If you get their call next time just tell them to stop calling you and if they are calling from microsoft or it get connected to accidentally to you or someone might have given your number to them just for kidding they will not call you again. After saying this even then they did not stop calling you then you can contact your mobile operator the person who give your number to them and tell your operator that someone is bothering and they will do the needful.

The best thing you can do you can contact to Microsoft support and tell them about your problem and they will resolve your issue. Also correct your statement that you are using windows XP and not Vista. If your issue is resolved then tell Microsoft support team that your problem is solved and you don't need any further assistance and close the support team.

You are right but I did not contact them they just called me about 4pm in India and said that I have some malicious software installed on my system and they can help me to remove it.I have googled about this and found that it is a new spam in India and I also forget that microsoft can look whatever I am doing in my system as per my knowledge which is impossible. I think they have just made a guess that I an using Xp but I said I was running vista which had made difference. I am asking that is this is called by some random person who tell me to do something so that he can hack my computer?Please let me know.

I too have such call from a Microsoft Technician in morning telling me to open RUN and type eventvwr. And when I query him he said that he will prove that he will block my system and I need to go to his East Europe office to unblocked it. But when I ask him about his address he told me some fake address which was Broadway street,North Europe, NE as I am staying in Europe for more than 35 years and I can tell you that this person do not have any idea about Europe geographic as East Europe is not in North Europe and as per my knowledge there is no such street named as Broadway. Be aware of such frauds and never entertain such people. If they have still not stopped calling you then the best option available for you which works for me is to turn the air blue. If he is calling from genuine customer service he will cut the call from himself.

I also got such call an overseas, the person on call told me that I had downloaded an illegal file and he can help me to delete that file. I continuously ask them tell me the name of file but he reply that once I type eventwvr then they will show me. And in meanwhile I search on Internet then I found that it is a spam and when I told him that it is a spam he just cut the call. Thank you for your help.

Today morning I got a call from BT at 10am and the person on call told me that I have download a virus and he want to help me to remove that virus and I just need to type eventwvr in my RUN option. Then his supervisor talk to me saying that they are computer technicians contracted my Microsoft to call customers in order to solve their issue. But I thought that this was wrong and I told them that I think this is a spam and I am terminating the call. When i reach at hope and type event viewer in Google search I got the same above result.Thank to all how provide this helpful information and prevent me from hacking.

Event viewer will log all event you perform in your operating system and as we use windows or any other operating system some system may stop working or system delay and operating system will change their priority or may perform some other task.You see some events the scammer will come to know about this and with the help of this information he might try to fool you. Don't entertain such calls and errors in event viewer are normal in all operating system. And make sure that never fall in this fake things.

Have same call about same thing and when I ask him about his profile he gave me the following details:
    Phone Number: 0127 4723456
    his name:Jenny Maeey
    his employment number :13254
    As they are better in giving up details but I did not believe them and did not trust to such calls.I am staying in India and they tried to hack my computer. I think that it is all about a virus whisch was distributed world wide and for its activation you not to perform certain task to activate it and I think it is undetectable and could not be found by any Anti-virus protection. Please provide the accurate information if I am wrong? Thank you in Advance.