Thread: Envelope icon not showing with "Show an envelope icon in the taskbar" checked.

Envelope icon not showing with "Show an envelope icon in the taskbar" checked.

I have desktop computer with windows 7 operating system. And I used outlook in my daily routine work I have noticed a thing that I am not getting the envelope icon on the notification area. I have done the settings regarding to this but then also I am not getting that envelope icon. If anyone knows how to get this icon to the notification area this please tell me. Any information will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: Envelope icon not showing with "Show an envelope icon in the taskbar" checked.

If you are having the post office protocol(POP)and Microsoft exchange server then only you receive desktop alert notifications. And if you are using the HTTP and internet mail access protocol(IMAP)account then they does not have the support for the desktop alert features. So first do check which type of account configuration you are using for the outlook.

Re: Envelope icon not showing with "Show an envelope icon in the taskbar" checked.

This same thing is happened with me also, I always put the check mark for displaying the envelope icon on the notification area, then also it is unable to show the icon then one of the my friend suggested me to scan the computer for once. For checking for viruses. Then i scan my computer with the updated antivirus and believe me from that instant all the icons are start display on the notification area.

Here i have given you steps follow those for displaying the envelope icon on notification area.When you open the outlook do the setting in the outlook by going in to the file menu then in the option then in the option click on the mail. You will see the tab called as, message arrival in that click on the show envelop icon in the taskbar and then click on apply button then click on the OK. By doing this steps you can get the icon on the notification area.