Thread: Outlook 2010 crashes when opening certain emails

Outlook 2010 crashes when opening certain emails

I am using the desktop computer with the window 7 operating system in it. And having the latest version of the outlook 2010 for checking the mails and all. I wanted some information on outlook that when i open certain mail on the outlook it gets crash. Then I again open it at that time it opens but not remain open, I mean it get minimized automatically. I don't have any idea why this is happening. If anyone having the information on this then please reply me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Outlook 2010 crashes when opening certain emails

This could be happence due to the different font, sometimes what in many of the mails having the different font style which is not compatible to the outlook or that font is not available in your font list. I think you should change you font to the outlook compatibility font. So that it help you to open any kind of the mail in to your outlook. I hope this information will surely help you.

many of the outlook user gets this kind of problem while accessing the outlook.But i have a solution on this that is create a new user account for the windows and then try to access those mail which are causing the problem. I am sure by creating the new user account for the window can surely help you to overcome this issues. If you are having any query then please reply me.

The main reason behind this problem is virus in your mails. The mails you are getting are having the virus within it. I sure because of this virus your outlook is getting crashed. When you receive any mail or any of the application through the internet it surely carries the virus or may be your personal computer have infected due to the virus. I recommend you to first scan your computer thoroughly and then try to open the mails.

Answer: Fortunately, this has nothing to do with a virus and you won’t need to create a new user account. MSO Outlook 2010 is unable to deal with at least one font that we've found so far. Recipients of email using the TIMES font will crash. So far we've found that if you write an email using your Outlook 2010 using the TIMES font and email it to yourself, you will be able to open it and then all those other emails.

If there are other fonts besides Times that this is occuring with, we don't know, and in fact it will be hard to figure this out so I suggest you find another way to open those emails that are making you crash, such as have the email forwarded to another computer.
    Last edited by The White House; 05-03-2011 at 01:04 AM.

"Outlook 2010 crashes with HTML web-based Emails with Preview or when you double click if no preview"

Forwarding the emails that crash causes an Outlook 2010 crash.

This occurs on Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate x64 with either Outlook 2010 x86 or Outlook 2010 x64