Thread: Windows Screen stay up when Close and ECT.

Windows Screen stay up when Close and ECT.

I am new to this board. I am running windows XP professional at work. I have aNividia FX 3450/4000 Graphics card. My problem is after I open a couple programs My system will start to do some crazy things. First issue is I can not maximize a PDF. If I try to maximize it all I see is what is behind it with scatter of the other programs. So I minimize and drag the border to be small then the PDF will show up. ALso during this time I go minimize a program the program minizes but the graphics still stay up on the screen. Then when I move my mouse over my icons on my desktop they will flash to the top. I will try to post an avi File of what I am talking about. Any thoughts what so ever how to fix this issue? This has been an issue on mine and other machines for a while now. It is starting drive me up a wall.

Maybe a redisplay setting. I need my driver for my graphics card so I can not change that due to all the programs I am runninig.

Re: Windows Screen stay up when Close and ECT.

This seems to be the problem with the graphic driver which might corrupted or old enough to handle multiple program at a time. In that case i will suggest you to download and install the latest graphic driver from the Official manufacture site and see whether this is working with the issue of yours or not. Also i need to know about your System Configuration. If you can then post your complete System Configuration.

What is the best way of getting the system config? Is there a file that needs to run to get all the info you need.
    I am running a dell precision 490
    Intel xeon 1.86ghz cpu
    3.25 GB og ram
    WIndows XP Service pack 3
    nvidia quadro fx 3450/4000 sdi

Thanks for the feedback

There are many methods b which you will be able to view the system configuration. Many of them are built in the Windows. The methods depends on the amount of information needed to you. If you are having time then they can provide you the report on any part of the computer.
    Below are the common methods to view the system configuration.
    • My Computer Properties
    • Device Manager
    • Msconfig
    • Winmsd
    • Belarc

I have attached a print out of my system resource report I hope this may help to resolve this issue I am having. I still need to install the latest graphics driver I am waiting on our system admin to do this for me. thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files