Thread: Error on bootup after installing Skype 3 on 64-bit XP

Error on bootup after installing Skype 3 on 64-bit XP

Subsequent to installing Skype 3 on my 64-bit XP system, I at present get the subsequent error dialog come into view when I login to my apparatus. The program or characteristic"\??\C:\DOCUME~1\matt\LOCALS~1\Temp\13\1.com" I am not be able to start or run due to inappropriateness by means of 64-bit versions or descriptions of Windows. The software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows well matched version is obtainable. I be familiar with this error is coming from Skype, for the reason that I used ProcExplorer from sysinternals. The error dialog is owned by a procedure "cmd.exe" which is executed by "SkypePM.exe", which is run by the most important Skype procedure "Skype.exe". What will be the issue in it.

Re: Error on bootup after installing Skype 3 on 64-bit XP

It is enormous with the intention of additional have in addition originate this and the developers be familiar with regarding it. Has been a diminutive frustrating. No luck for me by means of several of the above containing the msi version or description. The merely thing that has worked is reinstalling by means of v.1.3.0.60. Regrettable at present, as with the intention of is a catchy programming phrase premeditated to dump your system BIOS, which frequently contains your motherboard’s serial number, and send it to the Skype Mothership. The bloke was uncertain what the hell Skype would desire that information in sequence for. He points out that if it were not for that pesky Windows 64 not having an NTVDM they would encompass gotten away by means of it.

The reports are coming in commencing eagle-eyed users who encompass spotted the Voice in excess of IP outfit Skype's software interpretation their BIOS and motherboard serial number. In excess of here, one bloke who runs 64-bit versions or descriptions of Windows, spotted a weird dialogue box which says "the program or characteristic "\??\C:\Documents and Setting\user\Local Settings\Temp\12\1.com" not be able to start or run appropriate to incompatibility by means of 64-bit versions or descriptions of Windows." In additional words your phone is trying to run a .com file, which does not run that well in Win64 for the reason that there’s no NTVDM.

This not be able to just go by, it's too serious and too damn significant. Give the impression of being similar to SKYPE steal user's information in sequence for the reason that there is nothing regarding with the intention of in skype website. I be able to verify that at 100% for the reason that I was having accurately the similar error on win 2003 x64 anyhow I anticipate skype determine to tell us why they steal our private information in sequence I do not have a clue as to how to get rid of the error. On the other hand, I did notice in the information in sequence for the error it lists the system info for your computer. It demonstrate windows NT when it be supposed to say windows XP. I am guessing that might have something to do by means of it.

I got the similar boot up and run tribulations, additional than by means of the innovative skype 4.1. It occurs when I go to run it. I get the communication "error and requirements to shut down". None of the solutions mentioned worked for me. I determined to try something off the wall and not click of the error box. I immediately shifted it way down in the corner and continued to utilize skype. It runs extremely well with the intention of way. I noticed when the error box is clicked off the complete skype submission goes off too. So that’s why I figured to not hit it off the error box and continue using skype. You be able to shift the error box to several places on the screen so it is out of the way of its functions.

Most recent time I ran it (2 days ago), the entire was well. At the moment, I got the subsequent error on launching Skype 4.1: Error Heading: "Skype not be able to carry on running & determine to close" Error Desc: "The files with the intention of Skype requirements to work not be able to be found. Please download and reinstall Skype to fix the tribulations" I tried re-installing, additional than got the similar error. I have comprised and looked on Google and in the Skype knowledge base, additional than to no avail. I would actually appreciate a number of assist on this. I am working with XP SP3 and have not installed several innovative programs in the precedent a small number of days.

In case somebody else has the similar predicament (and is approximately as dumb as me!), this is what occurred: I had fixed tribulations by means of Windows Live Messenger (not identification my details on reboot) by altering a registry key. I had consider it was a Messenger specific key, additional than on twice checking, it was a Windows key and thus exaggerated several program that used user data (such as Skype and Firefox). Back to square one at present, additional than I would rather be capable to utilize my browser (and Skype) than not have comprised to type in my log in details!