Thread: Outlook 2010 giving error code 0x80040154

Outlook 2010 giving error code 0x80040154

I have worked so far my e-mails using Windows Mail (on Vista). Now I have risen Office 2010 and want to manage my e-mails in the new Outlook 2010. Unfortunately, I can send in Outlook 2010 only, all incoming e-mails continue to be displayed only on Windows Mail, but not in Outlook 2010. I use a free hotmail account. As an error after the action "receive and send all folders /" I get error code 0x80040154. Solutions to be offered, but only for Outlook 2002 or older. My old office was completely uninstalled after I installed the new Office 2010. To solve the problem I have the account type from POP3 and IMAP switched to the old deleted e-mail profile under Control Panel / E-mail / profiles and created a new profile. After examination of the account settings I get an error-free and green tick test message - but only on my Windows Mail application. Also various forum posts to repairs of the files have shown only minor defects and are then (automatically) has been repaired. I really do not know more ...! Can someone help me?

Re: Outlook 2010 giving error code 0x80040154

If the behavior with the Ctrl key also occurs, it should not be add-ins. You might want a repair installation of Office 2010 should try that does not help, remove Office 2010 from Fixit contact the following Microsoft article and install it again then. The Windows Installer Cleanup program fixes although some installation problems, but sometimes damage other components that are installed on the computer. Therefore, the tool is no longer in the Microsoft Download Center. The fix-it solutions in this article allow Office 2003 - Office 2007 - remove and Office 2010 suites complete, without damaging other Windows components.

Sometimes can be present on the computer 2003, 2007 or 2010 Microsoft Office suites do not feature the software in the Control Panel in Windows XP or Programs and Features, the feature in the Control Panel in Windows Vista to uninstall if any of the following conditions:
    • The installation process for installing a new program was not completed. There is therefore a partially installed program. If you try to install the program again, the attempt fails.
    • A previously installed program can not be removed because the installation files are corrupted.
    • In an earlier experiment, you had problems installing Office 2010.

If the Microsoft Office suite can uninstall software, you are finished. If you do not uninstall Microsoft Office suite that can, there may be problems with the dialog box before, or some Microsoft Office components can not uninstall itself. In these cases, you can not install the Microsoft Office Suite. Check if Microsoft Office system software or programs and features can be uninstalled using the feature To do this, follow these steps:
    Windows Vista
    1. Click Start, type in the Start Search box, type and functions of a program and then press ENTER.
    2. Select the product that you want to uninstall it, and then in the bar that displays the available tasks on the Uninstall / Change.

Try the following steps that can be useful for you:
    1. close all open programs
    2. Now go to "Mail"
    3. in "Mail" please go to "data files", there you will see your PST files
    4. please go to "Add" and then in the newly opened window, click OK
    5. Now type in the "File Name" now as OL07 and press OK
    6. now opens again a new window where you click OK again
    7. Now the new created PST
    8. Mark them use the blue is highlighted, and select Set Default "top menu"
    9. Now remove your old PST file and restart Outlook

It could be your password. Even though the password works when you login to your hotmail account on the web, the Outlook connector might reject it if you have NON- Alphanumeric letters in your password.

I tested it with my password with a forward slash ( / ) and backward slash ( \ ). It let me login on the web but rejected when I tried it in Outlook.

This problem still exists on Outlook Connector version 14.0.5

Quote Originally Posted by RajivSinghSuwal View Post
    It could be your password. Even though the password works when you login to your hotmail account on the web, the Outlook connector might reject it if you have NON- Alphanumeric letters in your password.

I tested it with my password with a forward slash ( / ) and backward slash ( \ ). It let me login on the web but rejected when I tried it in Outlook.

This problem still exists on Outlook Connector version 14.0.5
    You can check for compatibility mode:
    Check if Outlook is running in the compatibility mode.
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\outlook.exe > right click on it > properties > compatibility > Uncheck “Run this program in compatibility with…” and check if Outlook is working.