Thread: Making Home Tab default view in Outlook 2010

Making Home Tab default view in Outlook 2010

I have installed Windows Vista on my laptop and have recently installed Microsoft Office 2010 on this laptop. I have one problem as when i am trying to view emails by using an Outlook 2010 on this laptop then it File Tab keeps on coming as the default view after which i have to click on the Home Tab. Can anybody tell that what settings i need to do so that i can have Home tab come up as the default view.

Re: Making Home Tab default view in Outlook 2010

This feature requires an account for Microsoft Exchange Server 2000, Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007. Most home and personal accounts do not use Microsoft Exchange. For more information about Microsoft Exchange accounts and how to determine the correct version to connect to Exchange, see if you left in the section follow. To change the default view folder to change a public, you have an Owner permission for the folder, and there is at least custom view for the folder must be a defined, which can be displayed for each.

I think I have found the solution for changing the default view of your Outlook 2010. You have to follow these steps for changing the view but make sure that you are familiar with an outlook to change theses settings.
    1. Go to the Navigation Pane and click on the Folder List, Now right click on the public folder.
    2. Click on the Properties from the shortcut menu.
    3. Switch to the Tools tab. You won’t be having an Owner permission if you don’t have an Administration tab.
    4. You can see it on the first view of the folder list how your folder will be displayed while opening it.
    5. Please note that if you are choosing the normal view then it will default view in Microsoft Outlook for the types of objects in the folder used as.

When you customize the Ribbon in Microsoft Office Outlook, you must consider where your custom Ribbon will appear in the application. Outlook 2010 displays the tape in the user interface of the main application and in windows that s' opens when users perform certain tasks, such as the creation of electronic messages. These application windows are called Surveyors. Outlook 2007 displays only the tape in the inspectors. The user interface of the main application in Outlook is called the Explorer. If you use the Ribbon (Visual Designer), you can add a ribbon to the Explorer by clicking the ribbon RibbonType property in the Properties window , and then selecting Microsoft.Outlook.Explorer.

To identify the Inspector that you want to customize, specify the type of tape that matches the message class of the Inspector. If you use the Ribbon (Visual Designer), click on the property RibbonType tape in the Properties window, then select one or more tape ID in the list of values. You can add multiple tapes to a project. If several tapes share a tape ID, override the method in the class CreateRibbonExtensibilityObject ThisAddin your project to specify the tape display at run time. For more information, see View overall tape.

One new feature of Office 2010 is the generalization of the Ribbon interface and tabs in all Office applications. OneNote, Outlook, Sharepoint Workspace (eg Groove) and SharePoint that do not yet benefited from this interface have now. If the new interface provides a definite plus (better ergonomics, more visible operations, preview effects in real time, adding and proposals for action based on the manipulated object), some of our users we have put together the fact that they would love to customize the interface a bit more according to their taste. it is now possible with Office 2010: It's easy to customize the ribbon as desired.

I recently had this same problem in Outlook 2010. When a mail message is opened, it opens with the File tab open instead of the Message tab. The fix is quite simple...click the little up/down carat arrow next to the help icon on the right hand side.

I had the same problem...but I believe it is a simple fix...the ribbon was minimized and it appeared that the file tab was the default tab. Clicking on the Home tab opens the ribbon and makes it look like you've changed tabs. Try leaving the ribbon 'unminimized'. My problem was actually while reading messages, but same difference.
    Last edited by MikeLowry; 20-11-2010 at 08:14 PM.

ThumbsUp Re: Making Home Tab default view in Outlook 2010

I recently had this same problem in Outlook 2010. When a mail message is opened, it opens with the File tab open instead of the Message tab. The fix is quite simple...click the little up/down carat arrow next to the help icon on the right hand side. THIS WORKS THIS WORKS THIS WORKS! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!