Thread: Computer performance affected by windows update

Computer performance affected by windows update

I was having Microsoft windows XP operating system installed on my desktop. I am also having an avg antivirus installed on my desktop to protect from virus, malware etcEverything was going fine before window update. When I updated my windows XP operating with the latest update by making use of update utility I am facing problem related to the performance. When I start the system I take about 20 minutes to load the desktop. I need a solution so that I can fix this problem.
    Last edited by GarySober; 14-12-2010 at 08:20 AM.

Re: Computer performance affected by windows update

You are having windows update utility installed in your system. This utility regularly updates the operating system on a regular basis. You can fix the windows update utility problem by the following steps:
    1. Click on start button from the desktop and select control panel.
    2. You need to type Troubleshooter in the search box and press the enter key.
    3. Now you need to select system security and then click on the "Fix Problems with Windows Update"
    4. Your problem related to windows update utility will be fixed.

If you have installed the windows update and you are facing problem then you need to uninstall the windows update. To uninstall you need to go to the start/control panel and in the control panel window select the update and click on the uninstall button to remove it. Restart the system after uninstalling windows update. Now you can install fresh update of windows by going to start button from the desktop and in the search box type “Windows Update” and click on windows update. Click on check for update and then after finding the update you can install it.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have removed the windows update and then restarted the system. After restarting the system I downloaded the windows update and installed it. And the problem of windows slow startup was solved. Now I am getting Windows Svchost error message and need to resolve this problem.

You can solve the windows svchost problem in your system very easily. In order to fix the windows svchost problem you need to just update the DDL of your operating system. To update the windows DDL you need to follow the steps given below:
    1. Click on the start button from the desktop and select run window.
    2. In the run window you need to type “cmd” and press the enter key.
    3. You need to type REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL and hit the enter key. When the dialog box appears click on the ok button.
    4. Now you need to repeat the above steps for REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL, REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL and REGSVR32 ATL.DLL files.
    5. Now you need to enter REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL, REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL, REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL, REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL one at a time and press the enter key.