Thread: Outlook 2010 crashes

Outlook 2010 crashes

I am working with Windows 7 on the server, Exchange Server 2003. For Outlook 2007, the same works fine. But now when I am trying to utilize Outlook 2010, it keeps on crashing. Many unsuccessful attempts were done as described below:
    • Create a data file in Outlook 2003 in '97 format and import the data into it, then in Outlook 2010, create a data file and import the data from the '97 format
    • The data into the mailbox from Outlook 2010 to get and create a new archive data file
    • Export to Outlook 2003, the data in Access format and in Outlook 2010 re-import
    • Save the data file in different places: on the C:, in their own files to the server on universal directories on the server

Outlook 2010 crashes every time, that it "freezes" (no feedback). Using the task manager can close the application, but not the process "outlook.exe". If one tries to stop the process appears "no access". The ongoing process but also prevents an orderly shutdown. The computer hangs when logging on and stalls must not look smooth. It seems with the size to hang together. If I Outlook 2010 make his long enough in the status "no response", the following error message: "Folder can not be extended when you exit Windows Search, the Outlook data file. "H: \ Outlook Archive \ Outlook_Archiv_2010.pst" is not correct closed. Outlook must be new. If this error persists, contact support for Windows Search". About Windows search I only found out that apparently incorrect permissions for Windows Search directories are set. But where the settings are changed and what permissions would be correct because I do not think. Need help soon.

Re: Outlook 2010 crashes

When using send to send a publication as an attachment in Microsoft Outlook 2002 or an earlier version, Publisher 2010 stops unexpectedly. Consider the following scenario:
    • You have Microsoft Outlook 2010 or Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 on a computer.
    • We downgrade Outlook 2010 or Office Outlook 2007 in an earlier version.
    • Use the ability to send current page or feature you send all the pages.
    The Send current page and the Send all pages are visible in Publisher 2010 when Outlook 2010 is the default mail client. If the default mail client is Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or earlier, these functions should be hidden. However, after the downgrade to Outlook 2010 or Office Outlook 2007 to an earlier version, these functions continue to be visible in an unexpected way. Therefore, when using these features, Publisher 2010 crashes.

I just tested Office 2010 and am quite happy with the new Office suite from Microsoft. Microsoft has managed to get Ribbon Interface to integrate useful in my opinion. But back to the real problem. I could hardly use Outlook 2010 as it crashed every time Reply / Forward. My first stop was the add-ins that have already done more common problems. The cause was found quickly. It was Nuance PDF Converter was apparently not optimized for Office 2010. After disabled the add-in Outlook 2010 worked perfectly again. Disabling the add-ins is as follows:
    • File -> Options -> Add-ins -> COM Add-Ins

then simply disable the add-ins and Outlook already does in 2010.

With the Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe) is a tool to help with the repair than with personal folder files (*.pst - files) was designed problems combined. This tool should Offline Storage files (*.ost) to remove it. The repair tool is included with all major operating systems and setups will be installed automatically during the process. To determine the Start Search Files and folders are located scanpst.exe and call this double click on. You can find the Inbox Repair Office12 folder in the program (Outlook 2007) or Office11 (Outlook 2003) of the Office installation directory. For running the repair :
    1. Click on Browse
    2. Search the directory tree under Search in the corrupted *.pst file. The path is usually published in the error message that you repair tool asks for.
    3. Run on the Start consistency check
    4. Errors have been found, run Repair
    5. If no error is found, the folder is certified personal damage.

If you repair tool with a Personal Folders file to use it, they will follow these steps: The repair tool analyzes the *.pst - directory structure and the headers of the objects and tried to recover all folders and objects. If the Inbox Repair *.pst file restores, this means that they discovered and corrected as far as possible has problems. The repair attempts, in a *.pst file to convert each file. (If you have an executable file to name.Pst rename, it will be the Inbox Repair Tool in a usable with Outlook *.pst file changed from. After you have run the Inbox Repair Tool, start Outlook. Use the profile with the Personal Folders file, the Inbox Repair Tool was repaired by. Click the View menu, click Folder List or the navigation bar on the button folder list. In the folder list should be a section called Personal Folders exist Recovered. These folders are usually empty, because it is new built *.pst file to. In addition, another folder, the folder with the repaired objects (Lost and Found) will be shown. This folder contains the Inbox Repair Tool recovered from folders and objects. Where not all listed items could not be repaired.

Move the objects from the folder with the repaired objects to a new personal folder in your profile. First, create a new Personal Folders entry in your profile. (Outlook 2000 Enterprise and Workgroup mode: Tools >> Services >> Add >> Personal Folders, Outlook 2002: file >> New >> Personal Folders, Outlook 2003 & Outlook 2007: file New Outlook data file). Then drag all recovered objects from the folder with the repaired objects to the appropriate location in the new home folder. Your profile should now contain a new personal folder. Drag the recovered items from the folder with the repaired objects in the new home folder. If you have moved all the objects, you can use the recovered personal folders, including the folder that contained the items repaired, remove it from your profile. If you *.pst file before running the Inbox Repair Tool can not open the original, the procedure described below is not expected to work. Can you open the original file, however, there is little chance that you will process more objects from the corrupted *.pst file can restore it with. If you run the Inbox Repair Tool, the option will create a backup of the original PST file to activate. This option creates a file on your hard disk named filename.Bak at which to copy the original file filename. One with a different extension, pst is it. The *.bak file is part of the original *.pst file saved in. You may be the *.bak file restore from objects that could not restore the Inbox Repair Tool. Make copies of the *.bak file to one, and give the file a new name with the *.pst extension, such as Newname.pst. Open Outlook using the profile that the new personal folder and then import the folder Newname.pst using the Import / Export Wizard.

Re: Outlook 2010 crashes after installing iTunes 10

I have an issue with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Outlook 2010 and iTunes 10.0.1.22. Installing iTunes 10 proceeded without problems and syncing between Outlook and the iPhone used by 1 user does not pose any problems. If you change your user there at 4 on the affected machine, Outlook will briefly display the Start window and immediately closes or gets stuck on the window start Outlook. There is no error message. Ditto for another user, unless the original user. Once uninstalled iTunes and the Windows system restored, everything returns to normal. With a new installation of iTunes is again the same problem, even with the firewall and antivirus disabled. Troubleshooting with the command "outlook.exe / resetnavpane", found in some forums to no avail. All updates to Windows, Office, and iTunes were installed. How to use Outlook 2010 and iTunes 10 for all users of the same machine? All users have administrator rights. Apple refers the problem to Microsoft, because iTunes works on all users of the machine. Someone has a solution?

Re: Outlook 2010 crashes after installing iTunes 10

Troubleshooting with the command "outlook.exe / resetnavpane", found in some forums to no avail. All updates to Windows, Office, and iTunes were installed. How to use Outlook 2010 and iTunes 10 for all users of the same machine? All users have administrator rights. Apple refers the problem to Microsoft, because iTunes works on all users of the machine.
    It is not necessary to make installations / relocations. In Event Viewer there must be some error messages concerning this problem. I use iTunes to sync my iPad, no problems, but I have an account. It should perhaps be asking this question on the Apple website by mistake. You can start Outlook in safe mode / start / run / outlook / safe, it disables the additions.