Thread: Windows Live Mail spell check grayed out

Windows Live Mail spell check grayed out

I use Windows Live Mail and I have a problem with the spell checker. Indeed, although configured in the same way as with my old pc (with whom I had no problem), I get the following error message:
    1. When I ask the spellcheck after writing a letter: "An error occurred while checking spelling."
    2. When I want to send the message that the software must check spelling before sending "Interruption of checking the spelling for this document. Do you still send it?"
    After searching the help, I see that the spell checker is the same as that used by Microsoft Office. However, the spell checker in Word works perfectly and is installed on the PC. On my old PC, I used these 2 software without problem. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Re: Windows Live Mail spell check grayed out

Windows Live Mail has an integrated spell checker. You have several ways to use it. During the drafting of a letter, the spell will notify you of your spelling words in doubt.To make corrections, click the right mouse button on the underlined word and choose the proper spelling of the proposals that you made the correction.The correction is done automatically. If you type the word exists but is not recognized by the spell (this is often the case with complicated technical terms or proper names), select Add to Dictionary. The software will no longer consider in the future the word as doubtful.

Rather than make changes as and when you can also scan the text when you finish writing it. Click this button Spelling the toolbar (it can be hidden if the window is not wide enough, then click the 2 arrows >>to make it appear.). The software then scans all the text and suggest corrections in a separate window. All you have to click on each case Ignore if you do not want change, or if not click one of the equalizer and click on Edit.

To customize how the spelling checker, pull down the menu Tools, click Options ... and select the tab Spelling. If you check the Always check spelling before sending, the spellchecker will sound each time you click on the button Send. It really does leave at the end of the correction.You also have interest to check the option text source of an answer or a transfer is checked: it saves you time to correct the spelling.

Cancel the automatic correction. When Word corrects the word, cancel the correction. To do this, do one of the following:
    * In the toolbar Standard, click Undo AutoCorrect.
    - Or -
    * In the menu Edit, click Cancel AutoCorrect.
    - Or -
    * Press CTRL + Z.

You need to disable the option "Automatically use suggestions from spell checker"
    1. In the menu Tools, click AutoCorrect.
    2. Click to clear the check box Automatically use suggestions from spell checker.
    * For this to work, the word does not exist in the list Other Corrections. To delete a word in the list Other adjustments, follow these steps:
    1. In the menu Tools, click AutoCorrect.
    2. Tab AutoCorrect, click Exceptions.
    3. Tab Other corrections, select the word in the list not correct, then click Delete.
    * If the option Automatically use suggestions from the spelling checker is unavailable (dimmed), follow these steps:
    1. In the menu Tools, click Options.
    2. On the Spelling & Grammar tab, click to select the checkbox check spelling as you type, then click OK.