Thread: My Windows Live Mail Program Doesn't work.

My Windows Live Mail Program Doesn't work.

I do not know what the problem with the Windows Live Program is. I tried starting up this morning but I cannot get it to start. I am really worried with this thing. Can you all please tell me how this thing can be brought back to the work? I am definitely sure that I did not install any other application on the system and every other thing was working well till this morning. Can you all please suggest me something? I will be really grateful to you.

Re: My Windows Live Mail Program Doesn't work.

This morning I have also found the same thing with the Windows Live Mail. It is giving me some errors and I do not know what should be done so that I can get rid of this thing. I am really new to this and I do not want to lose it at this time. I have the Windows 7 installed on the system and if there is some problem with the compatibility issue with the OS then please let me know about that. Also please tell me something that will really help because I want a working solution as I am hanged with my work. Please io am waiting for the solutions to come, please make it fast.

Well by looking at both the cases that have been posted here I think that the only possible solution that can be given here is the uninstallation and reinstallation of the Windows Live Mail. I do not think that it can be caused because of the compatibility issues. I think that this time there is nothing for which we can blame or can make Microsoft the culprit for this. Hope that the reinstallation will really help you. Happy to help Always.

Just follow the steps below and you will be able to install and configure the Windows Live Mail. As I think that there must have been some problem with the configuration. A better step or advice will be clean installation:
    • When using Live Mail for the first time, it will ask you to configure email accounts. You must enter your email ID and password.
    • If you have a Hotmail or Live ID, then you only need to enter e-mail address and password, is all configurations are made by the application. In case you are using Gmail or Google Apps, you must manually enter the settings POP or IMAP.
    • Once the files are downloaded, all emails from your Hotmail or Live ID will be available in Windows Live Mail.
    • Now you can start using Windows Live Mail to send and receive all the emails you.

Hope that this really helped you.

I think that you are having the problem with the Windows Live Application because the some of the files ion the Contact folder must have damaged. The most probable reason for this thing may be because the error that might have occurred because of a record related to the database of Windows Live Messenger. The file in the folder might be damaged. I have googled a lot and the solution with which I ended was to clear contact registry.

I have the technique by which the registry can be cleaned. Just follow the steps below:
    This method will work only when you are using the OS Windows XP
    Click Start then click Run and in the Run Window type regedit and press Enter
    In the Registry Editor window on the left hand pane search for the two names HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and AppID
    Beside them there will be a + sign just click that + sign
    Then find and right-click on the folder {380689D0-AFAA-47E6-B80E- A33436FE314B}
    After that click on Export
    Save the file and once these files are saved then delete the folder {380689D0-AFAA-47E6-B80E- A33436FE314B}
    If asked then click on OK and then Restart the system.

I am definitely sure that the suggestions that have been done here are of worth. I may suggest you only one thing at this moment. I f you find these suggestions worth then it is OK but if the things are not going your way then I would suggest you to go for the Microsoft’s Tech Support desk’s and ask the possible solution there. I am sure that they will really help you to get the Windows Live Mail come in your way. I think that you got the point.

smile Re: My Windows Live Mail Program Doesn't work.

to whoever suggested that I do a repair via my control panel on my computer to deal with the faults in the new windowslive 2011, thank you soooo much!!!! It now works perfectly and I am a very happy lady. So thank you so much for the advice.

cheers man.....or woman....???