Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Contacts failed to load. Windows Live Mail is incorrectly configured

Windows Software

Old 16-10-2010

Contacts failed to load. Windows Live Mail is incorrectly configured

I seriously do not know what the problem with the Windows Live Mail is. I really do not have any idea regarding that. I am running Windows Vista on my system and along with that I have Windows Live Mail. Whenever I try to open that thing (Windows Live Mail) it comes up with the message saying that the contacts have failed to load and in addition to that Windows Live Mail is not properly configured. In the last it says that I need to reinstall the Windows Live Mail. I do not know what the case is, it was running well, but now it has suddenly stopped. I do not find the point that the reinstallation is at all required. It was running well and I have not added anything weird and in the morning it gives me that. Please suggest me anything that can help me.

Old 16-10-2010

Re: Contacts failed to load. Windows Live Mail is incorrectly configured

Well after the entire thing that you are using is a machine after all and it may happen that the machine might get failed overnight and also it may happen that it may remain durable for longer time. If at all the Windows is suggesting that there is some problem with the configuration of the Windows Live Mail and it is asking you to install it again then I think that it will be wise to do that. It is not that if the thing was working properly on the previous day then it will work properly on the next day. Please try the reinstallation and I am sure that the things will be simplified very soon.
Old 16-10-2010

This problem typically occurs if there is corruption in the Windows Live Contacts. Just follow the styeps below and I am sure you will get the problem solved:
  • First of all click on the Start
  • After that just click on the Run. Or you can directly press the Windows key and the ?R? key
  • When the Run Window will open then just type: % USERPROFILE% \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Microsoft and then press OK.
  • After that rename the Windows Live Contacts folder to something different.
  • Then reboot the computer and then launch the Windows Live Mail and I am sure that this time it will launch without any error.
Old 16-10-2010

I think that this error might have occurred because a record related to the cache of contacts from Windows Live Messenger might be damaged. I have searched a lot for the solutions on the numerous posts and I have found that this problem can be easily tackled. The only thing that you have to do is clear contact registry. If you know to play with the registry then I am sure that you will be out of the problem. Before doing that please have the backup of all the data.
Old 16-10-2010

I have the method that Thomas321 was suggesting I was also going to tell the same thing but however he won the race. Well in that case I have the syeps by following which I think you can get what you were asking for. Just follow the steps below:
  • If you are using the Windows XP then Click Start and after that click Run and in the Run Window type regedit and press Enter
  • In the Registry Editor window on the left hand pane see for HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and AppID and there will be a + sign and all you have to click on that.
  • Find and right-click on the folder {380689D0-AFAA-47E6-B80E- A33436FE314B} and after that click on Export
  • Give it a filename Backup and then save it on the desktop
  • Once these are done then delete the folder {380689D0-AFAA-47E6-B80E- A33436FE314B}
  • If asked then click on OK and then Reboot the PC.
Old 16-10-2010

I think that the thing that you are telling is a kind of bug and that for sure I just want to convey you that the solution or a will be You turned your post on a thread started three months ago. In the meantime, a new program version has been released. This new thing or say the release has crushed a few bugs in the previous version which caused some issues with the contacts to disappear on some of the systems. This release is available from the last October and I am sure that this thing is worth of making business. Try this and for sure you will get the way.
Old 16-10-2010

Before playing with the registry please save and restore the registry files, you can follow the steps below to do that:
This is possible only if the OS is Windows XP or Windows 7
  • Click on the Start and then click Run, in the Run Window you will have to type regedit.
  • After that click on the OK
  • After that you will get a dialog box saying "Do you want the program below to make changes to your computer?"; just click on Yes
  • Save the file to your desktop or in your desired location. to save the registry file
Hope that will really help you.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,