Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Best media player for linux vinyl or audacity

Windows Software

Old 16-10-2010

Best media player for linux vinyl or audacity

I have been using windows XP operating system since last two years and now i have purchased a Sony Vaio laptop which is installed with with Ubuntu 10.04. i am a music lover and hence i want to know which is the best application for playing music files on ubuntu. I have been using real player on my windows XP. please tell me whether it is possible t0 have real player on Ubuntu. Also can you suggest me which application would be better to for playing media files I do have heard of the vinyl and the audacity media player. i would really appreciate any help in this matter.

Old 16-10-2010

Re: Best media player for linux vinyl or audacity

Ubuntu offers a wide range of multimedia applications from their repositories Main, Universe and Multiverse. To help you choose the music player or the best video editor, it is useful to distinguish between the media players themselves (or 'front-ends) and the other of reproduction (playback) (' back-ends') they use. The front ends are the applications that interact with your desktop. Some are tightly integrated with the desktop environment, GNOME and KDE, others are platform-independent. While some applications such as Mplayer and XMMS, use their own playback engine, the other advantage of two major back-ends that are the gstreamer and xine. Some players support both gstreamer and xine. Your decision will depend on the combination of caracter?scicas, performance, media format options, your desktop environment and other personal preferences.
Old 16-10-2010

This version fixes many - in some cases longer existing - error. Especially in the dynamic collection some bugs have been fixed, it should now work better with external hard drives and other USB storage devices (directories on these media must be scanned in order for the changes to take effect). The collection browser will now properly updated after a new scan of the collection, so that an error was corrected, were viewed by the wrong messages to restart Amarok was.
Old 16-10-2010

An important innovation: Amarok 2.3.2 is now fully compatible with KDE 4.5. Older versions of Amarok shows serious faults with the KDE release. The service Last.fm now works without the use of KWallet, this was a problem that affected many of our users. The podcast section has received many improvements, so podcasts can now be grouped in folders. Furthermore, the search function improved dramatically. It is now possible to search for music by a lot of new criteria, such as file format, file size and date of the last hearing. Amarok is really one of the best application it provides a very good flexibility.
Old 16-10-2010

In amarok have the same but is called dynamic playlists or smart. If you do not like that option, you can always download any of the scripts for amarok that exist in that role.
  • Simply go to Tools
  • Script Manager
  • Download new scripts
Please tell me what is the other way to do this if you know.
Old 16-10-2010

I does not have the itunes database (itunes store is one of the few reliable online stores to establish such relations, sales amount). And does not synchronize these data with the IPod, so I listening on the device to release the genius and generate a list at the time. as I said, any of the above programs are better than itunes, have even more features, and have almost all of itunes pity for me that is almost essential. So it would be better to use amarok media player i have used it and is certainly one of the best application if you are using ubuntu on your laptop or desktop.
Old 16-10-2010

itunes know that if I buy the disc and then MGMT Kings of Leon, the 2 can be artists. And if those data are from the more users than anyone else, are more reliable relationships between artists. and then you get your to your itunes, and from a better known song which are similar, which likes people who like the same, etc etc. That does not come through cddb or anyone. I could give you last. and things like that, but itunes is VERY reliable and have a broader sample space. I repeat: it is a feature unmatched and indispensable. So before installing this is one of the point which needs to be considered.
Old 16-10-2010

I would definitely recommend you top download and install the amarok application because of the features which are listed below:
  • The new automatic playlist generator
  • Improved retrieval of Covers
  • New Applets for the Context View (Upcoming events, similar artists, videos ...)
  • Moodbar support
  • Better desktop integration (including support KNotify)
  • Improved handling Podcast
  • Queue Support
  • Custom Tags for the collection
  • Many improvements to existing features!

You may have noticed that with the development have become faster! In order to continue to work with this speed of Amarok, we need your help. The cost of our servers and the expenses for several trips are too high for our small budget. Because of what we do here, we are not paid. And here you come in!

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,