Thread: Restoring the Philips Webcam Driver for Linux

Restoring the Philips Webcam Driver for Linux

I have a philips SPC210NC webcam and since I reinstalled my linux and then handed the driver my cam I have the overview of it .. I have the stuff to make adjustments but without necessarily the preview I can not see how to configure. Do you know what this is from please? and how to recover? just before I clicked on something and opened my web cam with why it no longer does? (I have more cd drivers I took them on the net). Or are there programs to download to be able to configure it with a preview?. Please tell me whether it is possible to restore the philips webcam drivers in linux. Thank you for your help

Re: Restoring the Philips Webcam Driver for Linux

As far as i know there are no way using which you can restore the drivers once again. I think that you need to reinstall the drivers on your computer system once again. So i would suggest you to download the driver from the official website of the manufacturer. You can find the drivers at the following link web cam drivers Uninstall everything that has to do with your web camera, then simply Remove and Install the drivers after downloading After the reinstallation it would require a reboot. The install procedure usually requires reconnecting the camera at least once.

I am in possession of a Philips webcam namely the ToUcam 740 K "I want this one to use on my laptop running Windows 7 pack home premium installed. I just found out that there are no drivers for this webcam more for Windows 7 (Philips no longer supports the webcam) Now I read somewhere that you can solve this problem by the webcam firmware update?? Maybe someone know about all and would probably help me with this. thanks in advance

In short, you need to to download a driver "Universal" Linux Webcam and install the same on your system. so that the device is recognized as an external V4L (Video for Linux) and is therefore compatible with applications using such devices, for example, Amsn that you will get it freely with your friends on live messenger!. In short, a project that deserves to be known by its approach on the one hand, and its usefulness on the other!. To you the webcam under linux. If the problem is not solved still then i think you need to check your webcam whether it is working properly or not.

I was just searching the web but I can type number of the webcam is not found, you may have a CD with drivers firware number or numbers or a link with a reference to the firmware and drivers from the philips webcam. I have already looked but Philips does not support this webcam. So it would be better if you can provide some other download link to me. It is really a very big problem this is not allowing me to use the webcam on my desktop.