Thread: Product Key for windows xp HOME EDITION

Product Key for windows xp HOME EDITION

I have installed the Windows Xp home edition operating system on my computer. The product key which I have installed that is for 60 days trial. That’s why I am looking for the product key for this operating system which makes it full version. Can anyone tell me how do I obtain this key to make my operating system full version. Thanks

If you want to change the Product Key then you should have a valid copy of Microsoft Windows XP and a valid Product key as well. There is an applet on Microsoft website that you can use but it will perform a Genuine Microsoft Software check before it will let you to change the Product key. Or else, you can simply connect to Windows Update and it will take you to a page where you can register the copy of your Windows at some cost.

Incase you have purchased an edition of Window XP other than what is installed in your system, then you will have to perform a custom installation to update your product key. To find your product key you need to click on Start button and then right click on My Computer and go to Properties. After that scroll down to the bottom of the Window which appears and then under Windows Activation, click Change product key. Now you just have to follow the instructions to change your product key and activate your copy of Windows 7.

HOW TO CHANGE A CD-KEY (SERIAL) FOR WINDOWS XP

1. Click Start> Run> Type regedit and press enter:

2. Now go to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ WindowsNT \ Current Version \ WPAEvents

in the right pane Double click on "OOBETimer" and change at least one digit of the value shown. This will deactivate Windows. Exit the Registry.

3. Now Click Start> Run> Type oobe / msoobe / a (note the space between msoobe y / a) and press enter

4. Choose "Yes, I want to telephone a representative ...", Click NEXT

5. In the new window choose a location (a country) and click on the button that says Change product key, then properly type the new SERIAL CD KEY.

6. Click Update. If the serial is valid, after sometime, the window will rise again "Activate Windows by phone". Thats it.