Thread: Fraud, Hotmail account broken

Fraud, Hotmail account broken

Yesterday evening when I try to login to my hotmail account, I came to know that someone has hacked my hotmail account and has changed the password. He is using it to send email to my contacts. I have try to login to my account but I can't logged in everything has been changed. The guy has send message to my friend saying that I am in England and do not have money to get back to home.So please send me some money. And my friends are making me call asking about this.I want to get my contacts and folders back. I have created a new account and using it and want to send my contacts to this account.Please help to solve this issue?

Re: Fraud, Hotmail account broken

You are having trouble signing in, This happen due to one of the following reason. You might have forgotten your password and could not logged in, no problem it happens with all of us. OR someone has stolen your password and that person is sending spam mails using your account. Hotmail normally blocks compromised mail account to protect from such spam to you as well as your contacts. And help you to recover your account. The best way to get your account back is to change the password so the hacker do not have access any more to your account. You can contact hotmail for this issue and they will help to recover your account. They just ask you some questions whose answer is known to you only and you will have your account back in use. Hope this will help to recover your emails and contacts.

Before you can move your contact lists to your new hotmail account. First you need to have access to your older account. Even I suffer from this problem but in my case the hacker has not changed the password but he is using my account to send some spam messages. When I came to know about this I immediately change my account password. In this way the issue is solved for me. But I do not know how to get the password changed by hacker for your account. If you got any solution to this issue please let me know so that if in future such thing happen with me I can easily recover my account. Thank you in advance.

Even I have same issue this happen with me in this morning. i have an friend who is going to wire money and all my information on my account was changed. The person is using it to send emails. I had removed email address. Can I get it back? Because I want to use this account. Does any one else with same issue please let me know. Any help to solve this issue will be greatly appreciated ..

This are the steps you should take to recover your account.
    1] If you can still sign in, then login and change your password
    2]When you login, are you asked for email number this help to send a secret message at your mobile so that you can enter it. This help to prevent your account from spammers
    3]Try resetting your password
    a)For example if you have set secret questions you can enter answer for it to reset your password. Select “Use my location information and secret answer to verify my identity” to get the secret questions.
    b) if you have set an alternate email address then you can send yourself a password reset link. For doing this when you are ask to enter your user name and password in the same page you can select "Send password reset instructions to me in e-mail" and this will send a reset link to your alternate email address from where you can change your password.

I think you are wasting your time asking about it.The windows live technical support can provide best solution to your issue. I will suggest you to contact them for this you can follow below steps:
    1. Open your Internet explorer and Go to https://support.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlid
    2. Click on left panel and wait till the page is completely loaded
    3. On the lower right corner Click "Get more help" and then click on "Get support."

Same thing happen with me also. Someone has hacked my hotmail account and send fake mail to all my friends saying that I am in Europe and do not have any money.And I need money to survive. All of my friends are worried and some of my friends have already send money. I try to contact to hotmail, it is more than week and no one is able to help me. I just you to close this account as this person is having lot of my information.Is there anyone to whom I can contact to get my issue resolved. I have tried some different techniques but nothing works. Now I don't need contacts or emails I just want to close this account as soon as possible.

If the suggestion given above does not solve your issue then you can go to windows live validation page and submit the requested information. Make sure that the previous options do not work for you because this process will take at least 48-72 hours. You will be asked to provide some key information about your account which is known to you only.This help them to verify that your are the authorized user of this account.The required criteria is very strict so provide relevant information in much detail as possible. In meanwhile you can ask to make call to some of your contacts and provide info such as email subject lines. The more accurate info you provide then the chances to recover your account will be more.

Thank for your information. I too have got my mail hacked and try the different things but nothing work. I read your post where you have given suggestion to use windows verification page and try to reset my password. I have tried resetting it using this and now I can again use my account and have changed the password. It took 54 hours to recover my account. Thank you very much.