Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Safe mode not working, virus- infected xp ?

Windows Software

Old 16-10-2010

Safe mode not working, virus- infected xp ?

I am not able to start my computer from yesterday. When I tried to install that in safe mode it was failed to start on that. I also tried command prompt, last configuration etc but nothing works. I not able to guess what is the problem with that. I think that it may be problem because of the virus attack and that is creating the issue. I have already tried what I know but nothing helped me. Can you please tell me what the problem is and how can get it solved? I dont have any antivirus installed in my computer therefore I think it is the problem due to virus attack. Any help from anybody will be appreciative. Thank you.

Last edited by PWallace : 16-10-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 16-10-2010

Re: Safe mode not working, virus- infected xp ?

You can try the following to solve this problem and see whether it help you or not?
  • Remove your hard drive and scan it on any other computer for virus.
  • You can run on recovery console using your windows xp cd the chkdsk /r.
  • You can also try chkdsk /f.
These are the things that you can try to get the issue off.
Old 16-10-2010

Do you here any sound from your computer when you try to boot that. If that is the case then you have problem with your RAM. There is no or bad contact of your RAM with the computer and RAM is the one where the operating system and all the application get loaded. If it does not recognized then you will not able to load the Operating System and that is why it is not getting started. Remove the RAM and clean it gently and after that fit that again to the slot properly. Start your computer and this time I think it will start if it is because of RAM issue.
Old 16-10-2010

DO you have the non OEM XP disk? If you have the non OEM XP disk if you have that disc then you can boot your computer from that disc. Insert that disk and press R to access the repair console the run CHKDSK /R. Once you are done with that then you have to remove the disc and again reboot the system and this time I it will start the computers. I hope that it will help you to sole the issue. Good Luck!!!

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,