Thread: Outlook social connector for facebook -- 'my contacts' contact list not being built

Outlook social connector for facebook -- 'my contacts' contact list not being built

Currently I am using the 32 bit FB connector on the Outlook 2010 32 bit which is running on to the windows 7 64 bit operating system. And here I have seen that FB connectivity related with my contacts in the people pane but here it is not building the contact list for FB as it does for the other connectors when I try to connect or select the “contacts” in to the navigation pane. I want to know has anybody else experiencing the same issue? Please tell me solution of this if anybody known.

Re: Outlook social connector for facebook -- 'my contacts' contact list not being built

Previously I was also facing the same issue in that when I tryt to connect or install a provider it returns an error which points to me that Outlook Social Connector was not found. So in that I have did like this. Condition is that if the Outlook Social Connector add-in has been not selected throughout the installation of Outlook 2010, the supplier will not install. To address the matter pursue these steps:
    • Open Control Panel, and then tap Program and Features. After this In the Program and Features dialog box, choose Microsoft Office 2010 and then tick Change.
    • In the Microsoft Office 2010 setup dialog choose Add or Remove Features and after that tick Continue.
    • In the Installation selection dialog, clack Microsoft Outlook, tick Outlook Add-Ins, and then tick Outlook Social Connector.
    • Choose Run from My Computer, and then tick Continue.
    • Come to an end the Microsoft Office 2010 configuration process and start again Outlook.

Re: Outlook social connector for facebook -- 'my contacts' contact list not being built

I am also facing the similar issue and regarding this when I try the previous solution it fix my issue but after that when I try to use the OSC on the windows 7 operating system at that time Outlooks hangs when I re size the message in this. Regarding this I have tried to search solution of it but till now I am not able to get the perfect solution for my issue. Please if you know of the solution related to this topic then please post it as soon as you are able to do. Thanks in advanced.

Hey do not worry regarding to the your problem And I just want to tell you that it is of course a known issue. And it occurs when you try to expand the people pane manually to its maximum size at the time of utilizing the Outlook on Windows 7 Aero themes. And it will not going to happen when you try to using the Basic, Classic and Black/White themes.Should the matter happen, it can be resolved with one of the following methods:
    • Alter your Windows 7 theme to Basic, Classic or Black/White.
    • on the other hand, you are able to do the following:

1. When you are with any Aero theme, over the Outlook symbol on the Windows 7 Task bar and tick the red “X” to close the mail item.
    2. Go back to the Outlook major window, tick the View tab, click People Pane, and then choose Minimized.

I have also this issue and the extra problem is that my contact pictures in Outlook are not updating from the facebook/linked in photos. Should they? Regarding this I have tried the most of the solution but there is none of the answer is there which seems to work in my case. So please help me on this I am facing this issue from last two weeks. And really it is driving me crazy concerning through this issue.

When you attach to a social network through Outlook Social Connector, your Mailbox Contact folder is not at all updated to comprise information from the social networks. Depend on the synching mode which is used by every supplier, the following contact synching performance can be noticed:
    - suppliers that utilize a caching style will make a separate local contact folder by the similar name as the supplier and sync the associates from the network into the supplier folder.
    - Supplier that uses an on-demand mode will not at all create a local contact folder. Information concerning the user is retrieved in real time when refreshing the people pane.

I have not heard the official word on it but Facebook's API (such as it is) is dissimilar from LinkedIn's and so I think that the OSC is going to handle them in a different way - most notably I do not believe the OSC is going to make/maintain a Facebook Contacts folder as the same way it does for LinkedIn. So I am going to propose that this really "by design."