Thread: Change Internet Explorer Advanced settings

Change Internet Explorer Advanced settings

Hi one n all on this forum. I am here to leave a thread here to know more about the Internet Explorer Advance settings. I can see the internet explorer advance settings in the settings for Internet Explorer but I don’t know much about that. So can you all tell me that what can I set in Advance settings and what does the restore advance settings and reset internet explorer settings do? I would like to request you all to share your knowledge with us. Thank you all in advance.

Re: Change Internet Explorer Advanced settings

In Internet Explorer setting you will find a tab for advance settings if you select that tab then you will find various options or settings for the internet explorer which is organized by different categories. Most of the settings that are present in the advance settings can be changed elsewhere in Internet Explorer but it will be helpful for you to change that setting from the central location. If you see any setting that has an asterisk (*) sign with it then this means that if you change that setting and you want that change to take effect then you have to save that setting and close and reopen the Internet explorer window to take that change effect. I also don’t have complete knowledge about this but that is what I knew. I hope other people here will explain .it in much better way.

You should not change the settings on Internet Explorer Advance settings if you don’t know anything about that setting. It is very simple to open the internet explorer advance setting which I have given below. This post is for those people who are not able to find the internet explorer advance setting. To open that you have to click on start button select the Internet explorer. In that Window in menu bar you will be able to see the menu for Tool. Click on that and it will show you the various option, Click on the Internet Options and it will open a small window which has multiple tabs on it. One of the tabs on it is for the Advance Settings tab. Tap that tab and you will be able to see the various settings which are divided into various categories and you can change then accordingly.

There may be some situation that you have changes some settings in internet explorer which take some changes in the Explorer window and you don’t want that change to remain in it and also you have forget the setting option that you have changed then this create the major problem for those who don’t know much about this advance setting then the very simple thing that you can do is, just restore or reset the settings to the default or in other words it will let the Internet Explorer setting to the condition when it was installed first. It will reset it for the every user setting in internet explorer. It will not delete any of your favorites, feeds or Group Policy settings.

You should have the Group Policy set to Preference mode if you want to customize your Internet Explorer. If you want to do this then you can do that in following way.
    • Open the Group Policy Editor by using Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
    • Locate and click Internet Explorer Maintenance under Windows Settings in User Configuration.
    • Right-click Internet Explorer Maintenance, and then click Preference Mode.

If you find that the policy is already defined then you have to click on Reset Browser Settings before you can place this policy in Preference mode. Once you are completed with the reset the browser settings, any policy settings then it that the Group Policy are reset.

You have to follow the following steps to reset the Internet Explorer Advance Settings. Here are the steps that you have to follow.
    1. From Start menu open the control panel first.
    2. Find the Internet option in that and open that.
    3. It will open a window with multiple tab. Open the Advance Tab.
    4. At bottom you will find the button for restore advance settings. Click on that buttons.

This will restore the advance settings to the default settings.