Thread: AutoComplete is not working of Outlook 2010 .

AutoComplete is not working of Outlook 2010 .

Previously I was running the beta version of the Outlook 2010 just for the couple of the month. And after some time, my auto complete of contacts stopped working. So to fi this I have recently installed al the updates related to this and also upgrade the RTM version hoping that it will fix my matter. But actually it did not work in my case. In this some of the address is still working via autocomplete. So I think it does not appear that the entire cache has failed. And currently I have noticed that any pattern to what addresses come up and also I am not aware that any of the installation that I have performed that could have root of this.

Re: AutoComplete is not working of Outlook 2010 .

Actually the auto complete data was stored in to the .nk2 file in the previous of Outlook. On the other hand when you upgrade to Outlook 2010 you are able to try to import the .nk2 file to update the autocomplete information. So if you do like this or if you need more help on this so you can visit the Microsoft site there you will get your solution. I have tried this solution and now I do not have any issue related to this.

When you begin Microsoft Outlook 2010 for the initial time, your nickname cache which is stored in the profilename.nk2 file is imported into a secret message in your defaulting message store. And the profilename is the name of your Outlook profile.For example, if you are with a Microsoft Exchange account, the nickname cache is fetched into a hidden message in the swap mailbox. Earlier versions of Outlook store the nickname cache .nk2 file in the following folder.

• If you are using Windows XP as the operating system then you have to follow this
    Drive:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
    • And If you are using Windows Vista and later versions as the operating system
    then you have to follow this
    Drive:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook

After the nickname cache is fetched, the profilename.nk2 file is renamed to profilename.nk2.old. On after that begin of Outlook, your nickname cache is not fetched. Outlook 2010 does not utilize the .nk2 file for preserving your nickname cache. All updates to your nickname cache in Outlook 2010 are made to the concealed message in your default message store. If you have numerous Outlook profiles, the nickname cache from each profile is fused into your new Outlook 2010 nickname cache on the initial start of Outlook 2010 with that profile. For that reason, you may discover more than one .nk2 file renamed to .nk2.old. On the other hand, there might circumstances where you have to fetch a nickname cache file after this first-run nickname cache import process has ended. For example, a colleague needs to share their nickname cache through you and you wish to update your accessible nickname cache through your colleague’s data.

Here is the other thing through which you can get that. To import .nk2 files into Outlook 2010, you just pursue these steps:
    1. First you confirm that the .nk2 file is in the following folder:
    %appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook
    The .nk2 file must have the similar name as your present Outlook 2010 profile. By default, the profile name is "Outlook." To make sure the profile name, follow these steps:
    a. Tap on to the Start, and then Tap to the Control Panel.
    b. Double-click to the Mail.
    c. And in the last you just go In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
    2. Tap the Start, and then Tap Run.
    3. In the Open box, write outlook.exe /importnk2, and then Tap on to the OK. This should import the .nk2 file into the Outlook 2010 profile.

Later than you import the .nk2 file, the stuffing of the file are fused into the existing nickname cache that is at present stored in your mailbox. So hoping that previous or the current reply will help you.

Auto completion is not a robust or dependable characteristic. It often stops working more often that Outlook loses its link to its autocompletion cache. This is able to occur for a number of reasons, most often because Outlook is not depart totally and therefore not scripting to the cache. So confirm that you run no add-ins or sync software that may hold Outlook open later you exit. Later than you discover and solve the trouble that is stopping Outlook from exiting correctly, you may require to create a new Outlook profile to obtain autocompletion to work again.

I had also faced this problem. But when I tap on the import/export I get the error popup which was telling me that the characteristic is not installed. I have make sure that but it is installed. So that is why I have uninstalled this and again reinstalled the office always making sure the characteristic "Outlook Importer/Exporter" and the other all the files I have installed it. Still I am getting the same error popups. What occurs after the successful import? And I want to ask you that in future will this I mean the addresses be available in Autocomplete as well or just the imported ones? Please tell me any suggestion related to this.

Be thankful that your installation was ineffective. You should not at all utilize export and import for transferring Outlook data. Note that a number of the information on the Microsoft page is out-of-date and hold errors, mostly when applied to Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010. Specially:

1. pay no attention to any recommendation to copy your PST file to Outlook's default place to attach it to your profile. Doing so will frequently crooked your Outlook profile. Copy it wherever BUT the default position and then open it inside your Outlook profile.
    2. Pay no attention to any recommendation that tells you to utilize export or import to transfer an whole Outlook data file. That has not at all been sound guidance, but the procedure has become too intensely flawed to be trusted.
    Also, Outlook 2010 has a pleasant new choice that lets you attach to a pre-existing data file when creating a new profile in place of having to jump through all the hoops of making a new file, linking to the pre-existing file, then cutting off the new file.