Thread: Getting error: The expected version of the product was not found on the system.

Getting error: The expected version of the product was not found on the system.

Currently I am using Microsoft Office 2010 and in that when I try to install the update for it at that time I am getting the unexpected error and that is “The expected version which you are trying to install of the product was not found on the system”. And this error I am getting in updating the Microsoft Outlook Social Connector (KB983403)". So please tell me what to do regarding this issue.

Re: Getting error: The expected version of the product was not found on the system.

Do not get worry related to this issue because sometimes back IO was also facing the same issue and regarding this I have done this. You just follow the steps I hope soon you will met the solution of your problem.
    • Uninstalled the whole thing connected to Office 2010 and then uninstall the Office 2010 x64 RTM
    • Effort for installation of KB983403 (the update required for Facebook/MySpace/... OSC connectors): osc-kb983403-fullfile-x64-en-us.exe
    • After getting the license conditions, an error message box popups. And in this the Title is: Update intended for Microsoft Outlook Social Connector (KB983403) And the Text in this the probable version of the creation was not found on the system.
    • And the last one is Button: OK
    At the time when you clicked on the OK the installation which is going on it terminates no messages. In this I have also tried to uninstall the whole thing and now I am using the x86 versions of Office and KB983403. And also I have tried the Facebook installer perform the updates. So this will surely fix your issue.

Re: Getting error: The expected version of the product was not found on the system.

You also verify this in to the Control panel and also the Programs and the features of that office is 14.0.4763.1000. And I will suggest you to do this by the selecting the Office 2010 installation and after that confirming the versions of this at the bottom of the window. And the last thing is that the connector which you will use that only supports 14.0.4763 but in this outlook will report that 4760 with several build numbers.

Here I just want to confirm that regarding this solution which you have posted here are you sure about the installed 64-bit office? Because if you used the DVD in this or in both the versions at that time default will be the 32bit. So for this you require to purposely prefer 64 bit. Later than installing office, go to windows update and allow windows update install the osc update.

I have also tried the solution which is given here and like others I am also getting the same result. I mean currently I am facing this issue. There no solution I get which is able to fix my problem. Regarding this I have also tried it on two different machines with two separate installation sources. All I obtain is the error. On the other hand the MySpace plug-in installed just well. Too bad I do not utilize MySpace.

Hey here you do not have to install the connector here. It is already included in to the Outlook 2010. So for this you need to update. And you can update this from the Microsoft website. Through this you can easily update it. And the other thing is that you can update this from the Windows update and I just want to tell you that its achievable windows update installed it previously. And if you install this update then go to install the drivers.

Here I do not want to waste my time in installing the MySpace currently I am not using it. And here I want to ask you that did you check for the windows update. Because the reason behind this is it was on the list of serious updates at the time when checked it day before yesterday. And it was possible that it was installed automatically.