Thread: How to disable background tasks in Office 2010?

How to disable background tasks in Office 2010?

I am using the windows XP as the operating system of mine and also the Intel dual core processor, The thing here is that i am facing an unusual problem from the last few days whenever i open my Microsoft Office 2010 that is any of its section either Microsoft word or , Microsoft excel or Microsoft Power point etc then the following two tasks are shown in my task manager and they are as followed:
    • "osppsvc.exe"
    • "ose.exe"

I don't really know with what this two tasks are actually related with, are they related with the MS Office or any other task is working behind, please help me i am worried a lot.

Re: How to disable background tasks in Office 2010?

It seems to me that there are tasks that are running behind the MS office window, So what you have to do is as you mentioned that you are seeing this tasks in your task manager than do one thing just delete or end the task the task will automatically stop, And unfortunately there is not any other way to stop it so you have to do the same. If not then you have to close the office window and then see to it if the tasks goes of automatically.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that in Office 2007 there are not such issues, or i can say that the files that are running behind not present in it, But regarding it is the way that it is the function of it or it is the related or the associated files that are running with ,. till that files are not causing you any problem then that files are harmless, so don't you worry about these files they will not harm your system at all.

I was also facing the similar problem and it seems to me that there is only one solution it that will help you in this case, so what you have to do is just do the custom preset , Custom preset is nothing but will reset the threads that are running behind and terminate the one which are not of use, So i will suggest you to perform the custom preset which will help you to get rid of the background tasks that are working behind office 2010.