Thread: Microsoft Office 2010 installing Error 1935 on Vista

Microsoft Office 2010 installing Error 1935 on Vista

Hi i am having a pc with windows Vista as its operating system and Intel dual core processor, The thing here is that i am trying to install the Microsoft Office 2010 from last few days but at each attempt i am getting an error saying that installing error 1935, Now i am not aware about this type of error and also don't know how to get rid of it the main thing that i have to mention here is that initially i have installed the office 7 in it that to without error and also i tried to update it but failed to do so.

Re: Microsoft Office 2010 installing Error 1935 on Vista

It seems to me that it is having problems with the earlier office 7 that you have already installed on your system. The thing here is that when you are trying to install the the MS Office 2010 at that that time the Office 2007 is conflicting with the 2007, So what you have to do is just uninstall the MS office 2007 and then only try to do the further installation , I guess that you will not face any problem during the installation of the Office 2010.

Before claiming anything on this case i want you to perform some test and then give back the results to me , What this test will do is just will inform you that where the exact problem lies.
    • First off all go to task manager and stop all the non essential process.
    • Then again go in to the services and there also you have to turn off all the working threads which are not needed
    • Uninstall Office 2007
    • Try and repair the MS office 2010

I have gone through your problem and it seemed to me that there is something wrong with the system settings of yours, The thing here is that what you have to do is just perform the bellow mentioned steps to get rid of the problem.
    • First thing that i want you to do is just restart your system and that to ina safe mode
    • Once you will run the system in the safe mode then after that you have to open the specified location that is the C: (C drive)
    • In that what you have to do is just rename the Software Distribution folder to Software.old
    • After that you have to close all the windows
    • Then just go to Start and then select All Programs after that you have to select the Accessories and in the Run
    • After that you have write "fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\" in it and again restart your system.
    • After all this stuff install Office 2010

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and spending your vital period for giving the solution the thing here is that i have successfully uninstall the office 2007 and then able to install the Office 2010, this all due top the steps that you people told me to follow, Thank you for guiding me to the right direction ,also one more question that i wan to say here is that i am not able to create PPT on the MS office 2010. Please help me i this one.

After having faced this dilemma of "ERROR 1935" for many months it seems that there is absolutely no solution. Thousands of posters have "ideas" or "recommendations" for allowing the installation or upgrade of Office 2007 or Office 2010. However, I have yet to hear from one person running Windows 7 on a 64 bit system that has, in fact, faced this error 1935 and figured it out on their own system.

Everyone has an opinion as to how they MIGHT fix this problem, yet no one actually has fixed it. Microsoft's own site cannot even explain how to prevent this error and actually install Office. Depending on where you look on Microsoft Support, you get a different answer; none of which work.

If there is one single human being on Planet Earth that has upgraded Office on a Windows 7 64 bit, please let me know how you did it.

Such behavior occurs sometimes due to Mscoree.dll which might have been in use for more than 10 minutes after installing or removing the assemblies. whenever you start a new install the installer will load its own version of Mscoree.dll for installing the assemblies of the new programs. Since another version of the Mscoree.dll is already loaded the fail occurs. This is because of Windows Installer behavior on Windows NT platforms.

You can use either of the following methods to resolve this problem:

Restart your computer. OR Stop Windows Installer (msiservice).

To stop Windows Installer, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Double-click Administrative Tools.
    • Double-click Services.
    • Right-click the Windows Installer service.
    • Click Stop.

Restarting Windows does not work. Not the last few times I have rebooted.

Upon arriving at "Services" and "Windows Installer" when I right-click "Stop" is ghosted and only "Start" can be clicked. I presume this is stopped.

It is interesting just how much mystery old 1935 has associated with it. Many potential solutions; none work. Thanks for your time and effort assisting me. If I am simply not seeing something (likely) let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam.D View Post
    I have gone through your problem and it seemed to me that there is something wrong with the system settings of yours, The thing here is that what you have to do is just perform the bellow mentioned steps to get rid of the problem.
    • First thing that i want you to do is just restart your system and that to ina safe mode
    • Once you will run the system in the safe mode then after that you have to open the specified location that is the C: (C drive)
    • In that what you have to do is just rename the Software Distribution folder to Software.old
    • After that you have to close all the windows
    • Then just go to Start and then select All Programs after that you have to select the Accessories and in the Run
    • After that you have write "fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\" in it and again restart your system.
    • After all this stuff install Office 2010
    This did not work for me.