Thread: Install Office 2010 on netbook with no cd drive

Install Office 2010 on netbook with no cd drive

I am having a Microsoft Office 2010 Pro CD's to install but the problem is that i am having a laptop which does not contain the CD Drive. Actually i have loaded this Office 2010 on my Dell's desktop computer but the problem is with the laptop. I am not getting any idea by which i can have the same package of software on my laptop. Please suggest me some ways by which i can solve this problem.

Re: Install Office 2010 on netbook with no cd drive

Even i was searching for the similar solution and somebody told me that
    I think you have to copy all your installation CD or it will not work in your method because there are certainly other hidden files on your living room PC.
    Sorry but it does not work. I copy the installation CD on the USB drive and then transferred to my laptop to install it. I run setup.exe and after between the product key of office, he can not find the file "office.fr-en \ LR.cab" and asked to specify a valid source. I try again several times to copy the CD key on installation and after, I can not even run setup.exe because it lacks another file.

Simplest way to get Microsoft Office 2010 on your Windows computer system would be downloading an executable file of the same from an official website of the Microsoft so that you don't download the corrupted file. Once you have downloaded the exe file then only you left with is to install it. Double click on the EXE file which start installation. Make sure that your computer does not have any older versions of the Office on it.

One more solution which i would like to give is to use an external cd driver which would be best way to install the Microsoft Office 2010 on your laptop. Actually i not suggesting you to get the new external cd driver but it would be better for you if you can manage to have one for some time. Just for time to install particular CD on your laptop. If you are not able to get the portable cd drive then i guess you need to get the converter which can convert the CD Rom of your desktop computer system in the portable one so that you can connect it with the laptop's usb port. This converter won't be much expensive as compare to the new portable cd drive. I think it would be much better for you buy this converter as i guess it would be useful to make your hard drive as portable as well which is anyday better to have as a backup drive.

I have one more solution for your problem. Actually you must be having an internet connection at your desktop computer system as well as on laptop. I am talking about an having an copy of the whole CD on the network from where you have to take the back up of your CD on your laptop. I have done it in the same way as i am having an internet connection which has a local computers as well. I putted my all the needed files on my Friend's desktop computer so that i can take the backup for from the same once i get connected with the same network from any computer system. But make sure that the computer system on which you are taking backup is not infected as it might infect your system after installing it on your laptop.

Here you have got the one more simple solution which can help you to install the Microsoft Office 2010 on your laptop which does not have Cd Drive. I think your laptop must be having at least usb ports to connect any external driver to it. No i am not gonna suggest you to connect any kind of external CD Rom but you can do the same thing by connecting the Pen Drive which would be more easier and faster then that of CD. All you need to do it copy all the content of the CD to the Pen Driver by connecting it to the Desktop computer system and then connect the same pen drive to the laptop where you would be whole CD in the pen drive. I would like to remind you that CD does not matters instead of the content included in it.