Thread: Fail to upgrade Microsoft office 2010 home and professional package with the purchased product key

Fail to upgrade Microsoft office 2010 home and professional package with the purchased product key

I have purchased a new Microsoft office 2010 home and student package for my brother and the professional package for me last month and was using it very well but Microsoft announces that they have launch a number of the additional services which we can update and upgrade to. Last night i tried to upgrade the office 2010 both from the home and professional version but failed badly so what i the problem and how i can overcome these issue any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated.

Re: Fail to upgrade Microsoft office 2010 home and professional package with the purchased product key

There seems to be a problem with the update services that you want to use but before that first tell me that which operating system you are using for the upgrade and is the product key is properly entered or not. Please check the product key as it creates a number of the problem at the time of upgrade and installation.

Re: Fail to upgrade Microsoft office 2010 home and professional package with the purchased product key

The system that my brother is using has the Windows xp operating system and the system that i am using has the windows vista operating system. I have checked the product key properly which i have received from the Microsoft website and there seems no problem in the product key that i have received from the Microsoft Corporation.So, please provide an appropriate solution to resolve these problem.

There seems that the service pack 3 for the windows is not installed on the system that your brother is using which is compulsory for the upgrade and the installation of the office 2010 home and student and the professional edition. Similarity it requires service pack 2 for the Windows Vista that you are using in the laptop. So, you need to install that in the both the system and then go for the upgrade service it will definitely work these time.

These problem mostly occurred when there is a problem on the product key that you have purchased from the Microsoft which does not allow to upgrade the services. Many a time the product key get corrupted and the installation as well the upgrade will not take place so to overcome these issue you have to contact the Product key Manager at the customer care desk of the Microsoft.

If you are not able to upgrade the services from the Microsoft website then you can ask for another product key from the Microsoft website by providing the previous key and go through the verification procedure if then too any problem occur then contact the customer care support desk of the Microsoft for further help and support.