Thread: "ERROR 1920 OSPPSVC SERVICE FAILED TO START... " while installing MS OFFICE 2010

"ERROR 1920 OSPPSVC SERVICE FAILED TO START... " while installing MS OFFICE 2010

I have an personnel computer with all the latest configuration in it and also having the windows 7 with the Intel dual core as its processor, The thing here is that when i try to install the MS Office 2010 it is giving me an error message, the error message is not understandable by me and also not been able to solve this one . The error message is saying that "ERROR 1920 OSPPSVC SERVICE FAILED TO START MAKE SURE U HAVE SUFFICIENT PRIVLEGES TO START THE SERVICE" . Does anybody have an idea regarding this error if yes then help please me in this case.

Re: "ERROR 1920 OSPPSVC SERVICE FAILED TO START... " while installing MS OFFICE 2010

It seems to me that there are settings problem on your system so what you have to do is just you have to follow the below mentioned steps:
    1. First of all just click on the Start button
    2. Then select the All Programs from it,
    3. After that go to Accessories,
    4. Where you will find the option called Run in that you have to type services.msc and click on OK.
    5. Then the service window will open where you have to select the Office Software Protection Platform’.
    6. And there you have to select the log on tab and must set the network service to Local System Account.

Re: "ERROR 1920 OSPPSVC SERVICE FAILED TO START... " while installing MS OFFICE 2010

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there problems with the service providers of yours, The thing here is that if you are downloaded the office from where you have not given the access to download then at that what you have to do is just make sure that the office that you are trying to install must be an original one, and also the thing here is that if the file is corrupted then you wont be able to do this installation .

I was also facing the similar problem and also the thing is that i was facing that problem with the vista operating system , The thing here is that if you have installing the office 2010 and getting this error then try the solution that i did in my case , What you have to do is just forget about the office 2010 and install the office 7 which works far more better than the office 10 but there are is the functionality difference that is between them which will matter the most.