Thread: Installation Error: Office Pro Plus 2010 downloaded from HUP

Installation Error: Office Pro Plus 2010 downloaded from HUP

I am using the HP laptop from the last few years and it is having the windows 7 as the operating system and Intel core i3 as its processor the other thing here is that i already have the office 07 installed on my system , But when i tried to install the Office Pro Plus 2010 then it gave me an error message, also it prompt as soon as i clicked on the install now button, The error message is saying that Installation error : Office Pro Plus 2010 downloaded from HUP. I am not able to understand what actually the problem is and why i am not able to understand the error message.

Re: Installation Error: Office Pro Plus 2010 downloaded from HUP

It seems to me that there is not an issue with the operating system and what you have to do id just check out with the office that you are trying to install and also one more thing to mentioned that if the office is corrupted than the installation process will take a time to show the installation and also some times it will show to you that the installation is complete but not a single file is copied in the system.

I have gone through your problem and here i can assure you that you can proceed the installation process without any resistance. The actual issue in your case is the office that you are trying to install the office 2010 pro plus and it is not compatible with the windows 7 operating system but to make it so you have to perform some test that will allow you to install the office on to your system.

The actual problem here is that the office which are already installed on to your system, The thing here is that you have to uninstall all the other version that are available on your system because it will not allow the office 2010 pro to get install easily because the it the resistance to the upcoming new office . IN this case what you have to do is just uninstall the office 2007 that is already available on the system and then install the office 2010 pro plus in it, I hope that it will never give any kind of problem.

If the original administrative installation from which you installed Office is not available, you can use a different administrative installation for the Office source file location. To do this, follow these steps:
    • Click Start and then click Run.
    • In the Open box, type a command line similar to the following, and then click OK new network path\Setup.exe /fvm package name.msi
    • Where new network path is the full path to the alternative network administrative installation, and package name is the name of the Windows Installer .msi package on the root of this administrative installation (for example, Proplus.msi).
    • Click OK when the update is finished.

After this update there is no need of uninstalling the other tow versions of office then you can directly install the Office 2010 pro plus
    Last edited by Glenny; 16-10-2010 at 03:14 AM.