Thread: How to set file extension associations with Office 2010

How to set file extension associations with Office 2010

I have purchased a brand new laptop and that to of Sony wio i have installed the windows 7 operating system in it and also it has the Intel core2duo operating system , Recently i have installed the Microsoft office 2010 and i have started facing problems in it , The thing here is that the ".doc" extension file is not supported by the system. Whenever i try to open the file than it give me an error message that "File type not supported" and also the sometimes it takes me to the open with option. Please help me in this case i am worried a lot and also not having any idea how to deal with it.

Re: How to set file extension associations with Office 2010

It seems to me that there are some problem with the file that you are trying to open, It may have also happen that the file that you are trying to open must be the file that is corrupted. The thing here is that you have to either change the extension of the file or delete the file permanently because if the file is affected by the viruses than it may affect the other files also. Also there is question that is coming in mind that whether the same thing is happening with the other files also with the .doc extension.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there is nothing wrong with the system of yours or the file the issue is with the Office 2010 and i guess that you have to change it because if it is not able to open the doc file which is nothing but the word file. So what you have to do is just uninstall the office 2010 and then again install it , what it will do is just remove all the untidy stuff related with the earlier one make sure that your installation process is fine and error less.

I was also facing the similar problem a few days back and it seems to me that there is a compatibility issue between the windows 7 and the office 2010 that you are using. Because in my case when i researched regarding my problem deeply then i came to know that the windows 7 of mine is not coping up with the office 2010, So what i did is changed the operating system of mine because working on Office 2010 was important for me. So what i will suggest you that according to the priority between the two choose which one you have to upgrade and get your problem fixed.

According to me if you are using the trial version of the Office 2010 then it tends to give the same problem , what you have to do is uninstall the trial version and install the updated version of office 2010. Which will for sure solve your problem and will not give you such problem in future , If still you are facing the same problem then just change the office version better to use the Microsoft office 2007 which will not have any compatibility issues and as per the users response it is working fine.