Thread: MS Office 2010 Professional Plus on Windows 7 fails with "Installation of the package failed"

MS Office 2010 Professional Plus on Windows 7 fails with "Installation of the package failed"

I have downloaded an EXE file of the Microsoft Office Professional Plus on my Windows 7 computer system. It was of 650 Mb. When i start an installation the it goes upto the 75% but then i get an error as an "Installation of the package failed". Previously i was having an Office 2007. I am doing all this on my Sony Vaio laptop. I have even tried installing the same on Windows XP as well but the result was same. What could be the problem, Is there anything wrong with an executable?

Re: MS Office 2010 Professional Plus on Windows 7 fails with "Installation of the package failed"

I have noticed it many times that whenever you download the an executable file from some other third party websites then it usually happens that it begins and installation without any problem but suddenly installation stops at some stage. I think you have done the same thing which i used to do in order to get the better downloading speed. But sometime it goes wrong for us to download such a huge executable but then it does not works. Actually this kind of problems happens due to the corrupted download. I suggest you to download a Genuine office from microsoft.com.

Re: MS Office 2010 Professional Plus on Windows 7 fails with "Installation of the package failed"

I suggest you to install by using the same executable file by booting your system in the Safe Mode of Windows operating system. You have to reboot your system and then keep on pressing the F8 key until you get the Windows Booting Options. Once you have reached there then you have to select for the Safe Mode with or without Networking. It would be better if you select for without Networking. I was having the same problem on my Windows XP system but an installation completed successfully from the safe mode. Now i can launch Office on my Windows xp system from the normal mode as well. Actually Safe Mode is one of best way to deal with the small problems on the windows operating system such as an installation problems.

Most of you guys must have probably already tried to install the new Beta of Office 2010 automatically and silently after reading the various documentation on the subject has a common deficiency like how to perform an administrative installation of the executable from the beta? The main source, is taken as such by some blogs without further clarification The only mention is: "copy all files in a directory of the CD to create an administrative installation!". I suggest you to try installing this software silently which may does not show any such problem. You can easily find out the procedure to install it silently for which you just need to type Install Office 2010 Silently on Google which shows you lots of sources for giving an information about the same.

You create a directory at the root of a disk with the name that you like, I will use this example to the name [Admin14]. Open a command prompt with elevated "Administrator" to the place where you stored the file to install Office 2010 (you can download here ), and type the following:
    • ProfessionalPlus.exe / extract: c: \ [Admin14]
    and there, joy, your administrative directory is created. Once this is done, the rest is child's play. Microsoft provides two methods to automate the installation of Office:
    • Config.xml (Quick Method)
    • Office customization tool (method more settings)

I suggest you to install an Office customization tool, when you run it, it asks you where to install it, you specify the installation directory administrative (as per the eg of last posts - [ADMIN14]) Two new directories are added (ADM and ADMX). To start the application type in a command prompt with elevated "administrator". Setup.exe / admin - A window then has the option configurable mountain. Simply know that a file. MSP will create from your preferences, and you just put it in the Updates folder of your administrative installation for it to be taken into account. Still i am not so sure that this will solve your problem.