Thread: Detect and Repair Outlook 2010 Beta

Detect and Repair Outlook 2010 Beta

Hello friend,
    Recently bought a DELL computer with the windows 7 operating system and installed the MS Office 2010 new version on my computer. There is a problem on the MS Outlook 2010 BETA version, while I tried to access the mail from the Outlook there an error message, which is flashes as "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client". The message is indicating that the product key should be removed in the registry and then it runs the "Detect and Repair" from Outlook 2010, I searched it everywhere but did not find it. Any idea on this…..

Re: Detect and Repair Outlook 2010 Beta

The following steps may help you detect and repair the MS Outlook 2010 manually. Hope this will help you
    1. Click Start, and go to Run.
    2. Type “regedit”, and then hit ENTER.
    3. Locate the following subkey in Registry Editor,: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Mail
    4. Right-click the registry value: PreFirstRun
    5. Click on Delete.
    6. Lastly click on YES/OK.

The detect and the repair option will give you to access some method, and the task which will situated into the registry editor, which are runs after the closing the application. That will hamper the system process. If there is any serious issue will happen then the registry editor will may changed. To prevent that, back up the registry before any modification, restore that registry editor if there is any serious issue will happen.

Logged on to the computer by the administrator user-ID and the password. And then restore the registry key, but before that back up the sub key. Go through the following steps to restore the registry editor. The restore process will help you.
    1.Open the registry editor from the start menu.
    2.Type “regedit” I the search box and press on ENTER.
    3.Yoiu need to provide the password to make the operation.
    4.Locatge the subkey for the backup.
    5.Click on the File menu and then click to export.
    6. Click on SAVE.

Yes I also suggest you to restore the Registry editor of the system to overcome from the problem. You can make more than the back up of the registry key and can fix the size of the backup file. I suggest you to before restoring the editor, I think it will help you if you make a restore point of the system. Te restore point will contains the information about the registry, and in the future you can use that restore point to change anything in the machine. The restore point of a machine will help in any kind of problem regarding the windows issue.