Thread: Error 4202 when accessing hotmail account in Outlook 2010

Error 4202 when accessing hotmail account in Outlook 2010

When I try to open my Hotmail account in outlook 2010 using Hotmail connector I get error 4202. It says that there is an error when synchronizing your mail account. It sees me to verify my account is configured correctly and try to access via web. Can any one tell me how can I configure my account. Thank you in Advance. Your effort will be appreciated.

Re: Error 4202 when accessing hotmail account in Outlook 2010

I too have same error 4202 and it get resolved with the help of microsoft. Now connector 14 is getting synchronizing outlook with MSN and Hotmail. What you need to do is to delete an illegal address in lists in MSN or Hotmail or outlook. If you have this illegal add then you will get this error. I have .ru extension and some more suspicious address go through the lists and delete them. By doing this it will work. Delete close outlook then close msn/hotmail and open hotmail then outlook. Repeat this for each deletion.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I get resolve this issue by doing this trick. I have to remove the invalid domain in the Junk email setting from Blocked sender. It took some time to recognize which email address is causing this and now it is working fine after I remove it.Remember that .uk and .ru are not valid domain. So you just need to remove all those address which have invalid domains. Hope this will solve your issue.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Having the same issue with outlook 2007 when trying to access my MSN account. I am having windows 7 installed on my system. I try the suggested recreation of windows live hotmail but this does not solve the issue. every time the sync issue folder id displayed when send receive is executed. Well I try to search on Internet for this solution but I did not got any solution. Does any one else has any solution to this problem? please inform.

You just need to remove the account and then add it again. Below is the steps to remove the account:
    1.In Outlook go on File menu and click Info/Account Settings/Account Settings
    2. Select MAPI account and click Remove
    3. Select Yes (to confirm to remove the account.)
    4. Select Close
    Perform the following steps to add the account into outlook
    1. Exit Outlook.
    2.Download Outlook Connector.
    3. When prompted click Open.
    4. When prompted to run , click Run.
    5. Follow the instructions to complete
    6.When ask to configure the Outlook Connector.
    Enter the following information:
    your e-mail address
    your password and
    Your name
    7. Click OK.