Thread: PowerPoint 2010 Standard path changes

PowerPoint 2010 Standard path changes

Hi, I am new to this forum, so please forgive me if I make any mistakes. I am having some queries about the PowerPoint 2010. When I searched I was not getting proper results, so I thought to register on this forum (quite impressive). I want to ask that how can you change in PowerPoint 2010 the default path (My Pictures) when inserting a graphic? Hope that someone over there will help me soon. Also I would like to confess that I am not too good in PowerPoint 2010. So there would be simple solution but I may not be aware of it. Any other information regarding the same topic would be grateful. Help me as early as possible.

Re: PowerPoint 2010 Standard path changes

The solution of your problem seems to be very simple. Just follow the steps that I have mentioned below:
    1. "Backstage" ("file" from the menu) there is the "Options".
    2. In the item "save" the paths can be set.
    If this is not the exact solution then I may have not got what exactly you want to ask. So, if you are not getting your problem solved feel free to post again.

In this menu, I can insert anywhere influence as the default path for is a graphic. I am posting this hoping that you will get some help from my post. My request has not to do with "Save". Only "file location for AutoRecover", "default location" (no influence on my request), "server drafts location" can be edited. In Word 2010 there is the Regkey PICTURE-PATH HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 14.0 \ Word \ Options which influenced this. This key, however, when Powerpoint 2010 will not effect this if I \ HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ write 14.0 \ PowerPoint \ Options.

How to set the default folder for inserting a graphic change, I can tell you is not, but perhaps it helps you, too, that you add this folder to the folder selection window can insert. By following these steps:
    1. Insert-> Graphics
    2. In the appearing dialog you navigate to your desired folder
    3. Click by right-clicking on the column in which the folders "My Recent Documents, Desktop, My Documents, ... are
    4. It should open a context menu. Click to select the first point: '(name of the desired folder)' Add

From now on, your desire folder appear next to the menu and you have just a mouse click to make more than Word ... Maybe you enough these efficiencies already.

My description applies to Windows XP, which performed at my still faithful to its services. However, I have looked at a Windows 7 machine, as there, the dialog box that looks when you insert a graphic appears. There are two possibilities:
    1. Simply click on the left in the selection list with a right click on "Favorites" and choose from the context menu "Show this folder to your bookmarks" or something like that.
    2. To create a new library and add there the folder containing the images to.
    Method 1 would, in my opinion, correspond to the concept of Windows XP. Method 2 with the libraries is new for XP users.

Thanks for the replies. The idea was to use the default location for inserting images point to a share can be in the pictures are available require that users often. Since the images are updated frequently, it is more practical to make them available on a share. We solve it now is probably the case that we have a link to share via GPO in my Pictures and make the share available offline for laptop users. It should be as easy as possible for the user.