Thread: DirectX 9.0c Installing Over DirectX11 Problem on Window 7

DirectX 9.0c Installing Over DirectX11 Problem on Window 7

Last Sunday I upgraded my operating system from windows XP to windows 7 beta 7048. Now it was time to install some drivers like directx9.0 to support my games. But I am not able to install dricetx9.0 driver on my system because there is already dircetx11.0 available. Whenever I try it stops the process. Now I am not able to play any game which want dircetx9.0 or directx10.0 as driver’s source. Please someone help me to find that what to get this installed on my system. I am using ATI Radeon HD3650 as my graphic crad.

Re: DirectX 9.0c Installing Over DirectX11 Problem on Window 7

I think so friend you have misconception because Directx11 is a higher version it is super set of directx9.0 and directx11.0. So I do not feel any sense if you are not able to play games just because of this reason. I think so you problem may be reside in your OS. Upgrade your Directx driver and then try. I do not feel that there is any need to install lower version while higher is available on your system. Your system will also never allow you to install directx9.0 until you have directx11.

Thanks for replying on my problem. But I really not understood what you mean no need to install directx9.0 while you have higher version like directx11.0. You also said that v11.0 is superset of all lower versions then why I am not able to play direct9.0 games. Whenever I try to play them I receive error that “d3dx9_34.dll is missing from your computer try reinstalling the program to fix.” Please explain me why it is happening because from your point of view it should work.

Ok I read this conversation and I am agreeing with Eric B that no needs to install dircetx9 if you already have directx11 already installed. Dear I came to know where the problem is. You have to install dircetx11 again on your system. I think so in this up gradation you have not installed directx11 properly and that is why you are not able to install any other version also. Try to reinstall it again and then check what happen. I am 99% sure that you will get success to play your all games without any error.

Every game has some additional package of all these drivers. If you are still not able to play all these games then upgrade these direct drivers with game package. You can download this package for games official website or they also come with games DVD. Every game has its own specification to run and these specifications can vary from OS to OS. So you can accept same performance on different OS.