Thread: Package for CD Powerpoint Viewer 2010 problems

Package for CD Powerpoint Viewer 2010 problems

I use Office 2010, is it true that not using the Package for CD command of the viewer packet really is, but the download link? Reasons? Did I miss something if necessary? In the explanatory text of the function is indeed: Linked or embedded items all other files Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer to play this presentation. In the folder Presentation Package is the only link to the Download the viewer, so the newly installed on each computer must (unless permission to install is available). In my opinion is formulated confusing for some. What you members think.?! Comment..

Re: Package for CD Powerpoint Viewer 2010 problems

Can it be that because what you confuse with previous versions? Have you ever tried typing your own? PowerPoint Viewer 2010 can not be run from CD. This problem was already in PowerPoint 2007, instead there was the old 2003 Viewer burned onto the CD. With the problem that many of the new effects could be displayed. 2010 has even further away from 2003 (think of the new slide transitions) and, consequently, the Package for CD is no longer available to package with the viewer. The recipient of the CD must therefore install the PowerPoint viewer on his computer, the Autorun.inf helps him / her here with a download link.

Alternatively, if the viewer (eg in a corporate network) can not install a program:
    1. Also Saving and sending it is possible to create a video. This has WMV format and can be played on most PCs (Macs must be installed on the free Flip4Mac). Restriction: The timings of the films is given so that the viewer can not click through so at their own pace.
    2. Save the presentation as a PDF from. Restriction: This walk animations and slide transitions are lost.
    3. Save the presentation to a Figure of person (you will need a Windows Live account), then the viewer can view the presentation using the PowerPoint Web App.

This problem was already in PowerPoint 2007. The PowerPoint Viewer 2010 can not be run from CD. I suspected wanted to make sure if I understand things correctly. The recipient of the CD must therefore install the PowerPoint viewer on his computer, the Autorun.inf helps him / her here with a download link. Yes, the reference to the HTML file is so specified. Video, PDF, Skydrive would be other opportunities. I think that you will definitely get some help from it.

Also try like this. The PowerPoint Viewer is written to the CD. It is insert the CD after an autoplay feature that you can run the presentation directly and without Office installed. PowerPoint2010 - "package for CD slide show"> -> File -> Save and Send

There are some important improvements to PowerPoint 2010 are I have mentioned below:
    • Support for the OpenDocument Format (ODF)
    • You can open files in the ODF format and save in this format.
    • Integrated support for saving as PDF / XPS
    • Previously you had to download an additional AddIn now is to save as PDF / XPS part of Office 2010.
    • Fixed certain scenarios where documents have been treated in trusted locations as untrustworthy.
    • Improves the control of the shape processing in the magnification mode.
    • Offers faster file memory operations.
    • Improves image quality, after files have been saved in JPEG, PNG and GIF.
    • Provides better text representation when the representation is stored in older PowerPoint formats.
    • Fixes several printing-related problems.
    • Provides better compatibility with the Explorer preview in Windows Vista.
    • Provides a comprehensive integration of Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object Model.

Clear, it is a compromise, since there is not the "finished" Viewer is packaged but are only installed. My proposed solution is also aimed at that one passes on a CD for good reason - otherwise you might even like the presentation made available online. In an offline pass it seems therefore logical and viewer. Your argument, "Would I a CD that tries when you first insert the same, to install software, would be me the rest of the CD no matter who would end up in the trash immediately for security reasons." I can not understand, because then I wonder how you ever did get Office and other applications on your computer because the CDs with you, did not immediately end up in the trash

Certainly it was you question whether a CD is from a trusted source. I assume, however, try - that if I burn a presentation on CD and distributed, then the recipients know clearly who is from the CD. Cumbersome, I find that you suggest alternatives first, such as WMV, PDF, or SkyDrive. So you remove yourself from the original question that is much as I do! Your suggestion to change the HTML, however I find good. Thus, one should do it. Better and the most elegant of course is a script or small program, which - after asking the user - the viewer installed and then automatically opens the presentation. However, requires some programming knowledge.

Whether this now draws on the HTML file or using the autorun, in both cases, yes, nothing is installed automatically. The user must confirm the installation even in every case. If there is on your side and there are other interests, I like to develop a small tool and are free of charge, which is a verified) initially installed whether PowerPoint is and then the PPT (X) will open and failing b) display an announcement that can be installed for viewing the viewer, whereupon the presentation is opened. That would in any case, the friendly alternatives. Regardless of which I spoke with my review's only a possibility. That is not THE solution for each is clear. But that's no solution ...

Also I've not had any ideas because I initially wanted to wait for a possible interest. My suggestion would be to put this on my website as a download. Of course I would integrate a copyright, but not advertising with logo etc. The tool would thus seem neutral. Also, I would release it for free redistribution and not digitally sign, so that each application with its own signature, if necessary, mark it for its customers. Then I would make all free, the tool would be of course as narrow as possible. Sensible proposals, I am of course very welcome.