Thread: PowerPoint 2003 presentation in PowerPoint 2010 - Problems with footers

PowerPoint 2003 presentation in PowerPoint 2010 - Problems with footers

I have a problem with all my Power Point presentations that I created with the 2003 version in 2010. I am using Windows 7 as an operating system.With all the presentations is incorrectly formatted after opening in 2010 of the Power Point slide masters shown (the footers seem completely wrong to include the font too large on every page). When I try to change the titles of the footers in the master, nothing happens. When I try to add a new master layout, the footer - even after re-saving the files - see non. What am I doing wrong? Please help me to sort out the problem.

Re: PowerPoint 2003 presentation in PowerPoint 2010 - Problems with footers

I have a problem with all my Power Point presentations that I created with the 2003 version in 2010. I am using Windows 7 as an operating system.With all the presentations is incorrectly formatted after opening in 2010 of the Power Point slide masters shown (the footers seem completely wrong to include the font too large on every page). When I try to change the titles of the footers in the master, nothing happens. When I try to add a new master layout, the footer - even after re-saving the files - see non. What am I doing wrong? Please help me to sort out the problem.
    Have you already with the "design" of Office is concerned? Could be responsible. Since you are trying to run ppt created in 2003 to ppt 2010. So according to me you will have to change the entire part of your ppt format. Then only you will be able to notice the footer properly. I think that there should be no other option.

Hi KennedII, thank you for your answer. Yes, the new designs are familiar to me. I guess the formatting problems date back to the slide master the entire theme from 2003 to 2007 to 2010. The real problem starts but at the very beginning. I just at a blank presentation, a model created and added to the slide master and design management a footer. But will not be displayed. I can do what I want. The master / the styles I see in the presentation, although they do not. I also changed the colors, all "hacking" in footer, etc. set. Am at a loss really ...

The footers are treated in PowerPoint 2003 and 2010 totally different. If font size problems are added, it could also be that a font that was used in 2003, in 2010, is missing and needs to be installed later. Open times an affected presentation and look under Start - Replace - replace fonts that appear in the top pane, a question mark. If you create a new template in 2010: The footers are not stored with the design (= thmx file), but with the template (= DOTX file). This footer is displayed, first on the master (which is the larger film top left of the slide master view) and on the respective layout (the smaller pictures below) a footer placeholder be present. And secondly, if inserting - footer also be checked that the footer is displayed on the slides.

I have a problem with all my Power Point presentations that I created with the 2003 version in 2010. I am using Windows 7 as an operating system.With all the presentations is incorrectly formatted after opening in 2010 of the Power Point slide masters shown (the footers seem completely wrong to include the font too large on every page). When I try to change the titles of the footers in the master, nothing happens. When I try to add a new master layout, the footer - even after re-saving the files - see non.
    Just an idea, have you ever tried to delete at the main master the footer placeholder completely and then re-enable and re-define? If not, then you must try that. I am not sure that it will work but still you can give a try. Otherwise, you will have to change the whole thing which is very tedious.