Thread: Powerpoint 2010 - Style attributes problem

Powerpoint 2010 - Style attributes problem

When drawing a curve that is invisible and has to be afterwards to be seen. "Set as default form / line" also does not work. Obviously a bug. To have created a video and will be reproducible everywhere. For a new presentation of the curve is at least blue, so I see what I draw. It takes while drawing on the properties of the standard line, at the finish, however, a different layout. I am using MS Office 2010 with the Windows 7 operating system.

Re: Powerpoint 2010 - Style attributes problem

I can only say at the moment unfortunately means that I can understand the problem here. Unfortunately I have not found any solution or workaround. I research further and report me if I know more. Also have you tried to repair your powerpoint? Because there are chances that some files of it might have corrupted. So repairing will solve the issue. Also you don't have to uninstall the whole MS Office, just uninstall the powerpoint (if repairing is not working) and then install it again. Doing this will surely resolve the problem.

I was not able to reproduce your problem. So when you draw a curve, this light blue, I confirm the layout of the color is darker. In Office 2003 System according to standard curves were shown in black in the 2007 system, these drawings were already blue. Now, in the 2010s system, you are at the drawing a little lighter, but they are represented properly in the acquisition. So it is an intended behavior, in my opinion. Can it be that your, or your money counter on the monitor is set too high? Have you tried to change the resolution of your monitor? If not, then you can try that hoping that it helps you. Maybe you have already made personal settings? I think that it would be better if you provide some more information. Also be specific while giving the details of your problem.

Recreate the problem: Draw (in PowerPoint 2010) a line (not straight, curve). According to the design, "Larissa" it's blue. Format red with a different line color, for example. Right-click on the line - set default line. Each additional line (straight arrow, angled connection, etc.) is now standard red. Only one curve does not, which remains blue. OK, guess that curves (and freeform) such forms are treated. Draw a rectangle, color line around its edge, such as green - Set as default form. Each additional form (square, oval, etc.) will have a green border line. Only the curve (and the Freeform) stay blue. That is, the standards do not fall here, the curve is based solely on the design, not according to my possibly deviating default settings. And I do not call "intended behavior". You should know about this.

I can confirm the above-described problem largely. Curves are in Word 2010 by default shown in blue with a line width of 0.75 pt (standard-attribute). By "form species" (Drawing / Subtle Line - Dark 1) character mode, the curve can be set to an initial blue color curve on the color black. This only works in the (standard) line width of 0.75 can pt The "Set as Default Line" is also right-click "form types" and click on the selection set permanently. However, it's me so far failed to set the line width of the now of Word 2010 permanent black solid curves to a different value of 0.75 pt? An initial blue curve, which was in the normal character mode from Word 2010 reformatted manually on the color black and a line width of 0.5 pt, can be in any case right click and click on "Set as form definition" in context menu does not permanently save as a template for other curves. In Office System 2007 I believe this problem was to not give up. Perhaps there is another workaround for Word 2010, when the format to copy for the curves with Ctrl + Shift + C and then transfer using Ctrl + Shift + V on the curve to be formatted?

I would like to discuss about the Data tables and accessibility issues. In HTML, there are ways to recognize row and column headers in a data table (using the <th> element). In PowerPoint, you can style rows and columns so they become visible as data tables, but there is no way to insert the content in a way that will be identified by a screen reader. If your presentation encloses more than the simplest tables, and if you have Adobe Acrobat, mull over saving your presentation to PDF and adding the supplementary accessibility information in Acrobat Pro. Also keep in mind that font size is adequate. If your presentation will be viewed on a projector, font size may require being even superior. Along with that grant adequate contrast. If your presentation will be viewed on a projector, sometimes the contrast needs to be even more prominent.