Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Printer Spooler Error for C84 Epson Printer

Windows Software

Old 14-10-2010

Printer Spooler Error for C84 Epson Printer

TECH QUESTION (PRINTERS): As of today I have no printer added to my control panel. When I try to add it I get this: "The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine." I checked my cables (the printer comes on) and I went to adm tools to START/OPEN the spooler but got the same error. Any advice? Thanks.

I have Windows Vista Business 32 bit. The printer is an old Epson C84 that has been working fine the last three years. I suspect some download mucked things up

P.S. When I try to check the printer spooler I get this error: "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Last edited by bishop026 : 14-10-2010 at 05:55 AM.
Old 17-10-2010

Re: Printer Spooler Error for C84 Epson Printer

The spooler crashing is nearly always due to bad/corrupted printer drivers. I'd disconnect any and all connected printers, and uninstall them. Then download the new printer drivers from the manufacturers' website(s) and install, only reconnecting the printer(s) when the software tells you to do so. You can check try the suggestions give here, although it is for xp but you can give it a try.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , ,