Thread: Program for teaching in the projector

Program for teaching in the projector

I sit as a MacBook, where I had to reinstall Windows, since I had to use a program that school provided. Something I use Parallels Desktop.

But now when I use the program to keep learning on a projector, I can not use the extended screens. The only thing that I have on my screen is going to clone the screens, and then see the students 'notes'. The point is just to see photo.

Is there anyone who know if there are any similar program, where I can have a small image, plus my notes on my screen, and only the image that students should look at the projector?

I'm a poor student, so I write instead of all my lessons to a similar mac program, instead of running to buy me a new computer.

Re: Program for teaching in the projector

Which program are you using in Windows? For presentations, I would have gone for the Open Office suite (free) and used the program Impress. But I have not tested this with two different "outputs" but it's certainly worth trying out. Open Office is running "natively" in OS X now, unlike before.

IMPRESS is a truly outstanding tool for creating effective multimedia presentations. Your presentations will stand out with 2D and 3D clip art, special effects, animation, and high-impact drawing tools.IMPRESS supports multiple monitors, so that presenters can look at something else while presenting their slides on a projector. A complete range of Views are supported: Drawing / Outline / Slides / Notes / Handouts to meet all the needs of presenters and audiences, plus an optional multi-pane view to put all the tools at your fingertips.

You can try Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2008 for Mac for this. PowerPoint can also run on Apple's Mac OS X. PowerPoint is used by business people, educators, students, and trainers. PowerPoint presentations consist of a number of individual pages or "slides". Slides may contain text, graphics, movies, and other objects, which may be arranged freely on the slide.

I tried out the powerpoint yesterday but it seems to be useful for me. Thanks for helping both of you. The program I used in windows was a program made by some third party software company whose name is unknown to us. We don't know from where they got the software. There are good lessons that follow the curriculum we teach for. So it was a bit of extra work for me now due to Mac.

Keynote should do the job. Create your presentation in Keynote, and you’ll be a hard act to follow. Powerful yet easy-to-use tools and dazzling effects put the show in slideshow. Cost less than PowerPoint, far more pleasant to use. But the biggest question is probably about slides is purely educational thing.

As long as they used to give an overview of the key points so that the audience can hear your elaboration of them while they watch the red line so it works out good teaching. Any photos/illustrations. Slides with text that whatever you say out loud is relatively meaningless.

Powerpoint do you get hold of cheap ways, that one should not talk so much about. What I was looking for was just a program I could post pictures, and also have their own notes to myself. So the students I teach will only see the image. Powerpoint did the job. I sit no especially into what can be done with slide, just picture comes up. Simple and easy. Thanks for your help anyway