Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-10-2010

"The version of Live Meeting client is not compatible with the Server" error when I try to join a Microsoft Meeting

I have git this error only today as it was working without any problem till day. I got one one invitation from a Microsoft Team to a meeting but when i am clicking on the link then i am getting an error as "The version of Live Meeting client is not compatible with the Server". What could be the problem for this link or my LM version has an issue?
Old 13-10-2010

Re: "The version of Live Meeting client is not compatible with the Server" error when I try to join a Microsoft Meeting

Most probably it seems like an issue with the latest version of the Live Meeting due to which you are not able to open the link sent from the microsoft. I suggest you to upgrade your Live Meeting version and then you may try opening the same link. I am sure that it would be working fine with the new version.
Old 13-10-2010

Re: "The version of Live Meeting client is not compatible with the Server" error when I try to join a Microsoft Meeting

It also depends on the way in which the Meeting has been created as if it has been created via Live Meeting then there should not be any problem to open it but if it has been created by communicator then it creates a SIP-enabled meeting request which would be using the Conferencing Add-in. I guess you should check opening with the Conferencing Add-in.
Old 13-10-2010

I have an other solution for this problem as i have faced this problem many time. You just need to put a a public IP address on the Edge server.
  1. Configure an Edge server with the 1 "internal" IP address for the inside edge (10.x.x.x).
  2. Now configure the Edge's 2nd NIC with the 3rd "external" non-NAT IP addresses (38.x.x.x).
  3. Configure an interface of firewall for "transparent" mode.
  4. Plug the 2nd NIC of an Edge server into new interface on the firewall.
  5. Rebind all the edge's to the new external IP addresses.
Old 14-10-2010

I have seen the same problem and I think I have a proper solution for your problem. If you are using the conferencing add-on for Outlook then you should try the following.
  • Go to the User Accounts in the conferencing toolbar.
  • Delete your Sign-In name and click on the OK.
  • Now try joining the meeting for which you are invited.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,