Thread: EL80 Win7 Wireless & Bluetooth Software Switch Fix

EL80 Win7 Wireless & Bluetooth Software Switch Fix

I have just purchased a Compal VBI Notebook- Model EL80/HEL80 and using from last month with my Windows Vista, but now i want to upgrate my system to the Windows 7.I done the same thing and restarted my Laptop but there where no drivers available for the Wireless devices and for the Blue tooth. What should i do in order to get the Wireless devices working or my bluetooth working in the windows 7 environment.

Re: EL80 Win7 Wireless & Bluetooth Software Switch Fix

As you have mentioned that you are using the Windows 7 in the compal Notebook so it becomes very difficult to get a driver for that. As per my knowledge there are no drivers available for the Windows 7 which can work along with the Compal. You may try a solution on the Microsoft website or you can contact the customer care assistance of the Microsoft for further help.

I want to use the Windows 7 operating system on my notebook, so i tried to contact the Microsoft and they said that they will provide the driver for the WSS very soon. please tell me a way by which i can use my Wireless devices on the Notebook in combination with the Windows 7 and the bluetooth services. Help me with an accurate solution.

There is a solution available for solving the issue the WSS utility error on the Compal EL80 Notebook, for that follow the below steps;
    • Download and install the Intel Drivers of Compal EL80

• Then open the device Manager, go in the System device for the "Intel interface Controller ", this only appears when you have install the Intel Chipset drivers

• Select the driver tab ans click on the "Update driver"
    • Then select the "Browse my computer for driver software"
    • Click the "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" button
    • Select "Have disk" and then Browse button
    • Go to the location "C:\Program Data\Vista64" and select the file
    • Then select the OK button, in the list it will show "LPC Interface Controller"
    • Then reboot the system and you will get the driver which will work with the WSS.

The step by step solution provided by you was very helpful to me and i finally got the solution for the WSS problem. Now i am able to connect my bluetooth device and other device to the Laptop and my problem of Wireless devices with the Windows 7 was solved by you. I am grateful to you for your constant support and any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated further.

There are a number of driver update available on the Microsoft website called as the “Windows Update” for a number of the Companies. You can use this service to update the driver on the Compal EL80 to enable the Wireless services on your notebook. These will help you for sure, at the time of installation a message box appears asking for update of the driver. Just Click on the Update button and it will take you to the Microsoft website for the update and it will take very less time to update.

Had the bluetooth quick running on Windows 7 32 bit.

download the vista 32 bit driver from: http://www.lamsystems.com/drivers/notebook/hel80.asp

UNzip the file.
    Goto the folder BTW 6.0.1.3900(WHQL)/Win32 and doubleclick on Inst.exe . [ NOT on the setup.exe or other *exe files.]

Make sure the bluetooth switch is ON before you do this.
    Afther this you may need to reboot, and windows automaticly installs the rest.

Done.

In the downloaded file is also a windows 64bit folder /version, but i have not tested this.
    Last edited by locutusofb; 13-10-2010 at 01:49 AM.