Thread: Windows 7 doesn't see SDHC reader

Windows 7 doesn't see SDHC reader

Hi,
    I have recently switched from windows vista to the windows 7 operating system and there was not a problem in the system but when i tried to connect my SDHC in the laptop it does not detect it. I also tried with my pen drive and the result was the same. So, please provide me a solution to the issue any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated by me.

Re: Windows 7 doesn't see SDHC reader

Before the solution first tell me that when you make a connection does the Windows 7 makes a sound or not. In addition to that What actually happens when you insert your SD (Secure Digital) card in to card reader slot or in the port and what is the make and model of your laptop that you are using with the Windows 7 operating system.

I an using Aspire 5738Z Acer laptop and the Compaq all in card reader which i am using with the windows 7 operating system.When i connect the SDHC card with the card reader there is no sound from the laptop so it is a problem of which kind.The USB 2.0 is the port where i plug in the card reader, please provide me with the solution as quick as possible as i am losing a lot of work due to these issue any suggestion will be helpful to overcome these issue.

There are two options available for these issue the first is that you should go for the Microsoft's windows update from the Microsoft website. The other option available is that there are changes that the drivers for the Windows 7 are not properly installed in the laptop. So, go to the website and make the update and the drivers installation is necessary so if you have the DVD then go for the driver update and installation.

The problem that you have mentioned mostly occurred due to the drivers problem, as you have installed Windows 7 recently so the drivers for that are not installed in the laptop which creates the problem. If you got the drivers that is the USB 2.0 driver with the Acer laptop s install it in the laptop and if you don't have it with you then go to the Microsoft website and from there you download the drivers or you update the previous drivers which you have for the Windows Vista operating system.

Your issue can be easily resolved by update in the previous drivers for the sound and for the USB due to which the card reader is not able to detect the SDHC in the laptop. Just follow the steps given below to make the update of the drivers from the Microsoft website;

• Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

• In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

• If you see a message telling you that important updates are available, or telling you to review important updates, click the message to view and select the important updates to install.

• In the list, click the important updates for more information. Select the check boxes for any updates that you want to install, and then click OK.

• Click Install updates.