Thread: Cursor jumps randomly on my HP Pavilion desktop running Vista HP SP2

Cursor jumps randomly on my HP Pavilion desktop running Vista HP SP2

I have a problem with my cursor on my computer system. I am unable to get what is occurring with my mouse. It is moving randomly on my HP Pavillion desktop running Vista HP SP2. What kind of problem is this I am facing with my mouse? Does anyone have come across through this kind of problem? Any help related this issue may be appreciated? Thank you in Advance.

re: Cursor jumps randomly on my HP Pavilion desktop running Vista HP SP2

For this kind of problem you have to go for the string option of the mouse. You can enter the mouse setting by going to the following ways “Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options > Uncheck the Enhance Pointer Precision" and then check the problem is resolve from your computer system or not. I think this may help you.

I have tried all the way what you have suggested me. But I didn’t able to find it properly. And I have gone through the same way as you have listed to me. Then am unable to remove the same problem from my computer system. Do anyone have another problem to remove the trouble what I am facing on my computer system.

Sometime it might happen mainly because of the driver. The driver if get uninstalled from your system then it may occur. First checked have you uninstalled the driver from the computer system. If you have uninstalled the driver then you have installed it on your computer system and then you can able to view that your mouse will work properly.

If you are unable to install the driver into your computer system then you can go for the below given steps.
    • Open Device Manager by pressing the Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Device Manager.
    • In the Device Manager, place the device which you want to upgrade, and click on the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab option, and press the Upgraded Driver.

Follow the instructions given. This will solve your problem.

Re: Cursor jumps randomly on my HP Pavilion desktop running Vista HP SP2

I also have the same cursor trouble with my computer system "uncheck enhanced pointer precision". Its subject like this that will make me wait until SP2 is out for Windows 7 until I switch over. I have got the exact solution from the official site of the Microsoft. I think this may really help you for solving the problem what you are facing.