Thread: Resolution of images in PowerPoint 2010 changes

Resolution of images in PowerPoint 2010 changes

I use Power Point 2010 32-bit Windows 7 final 64-bit Ultimate. When I insert a bigger picture / pixel graphics (iPhone 3G photo) 1400 x 800 pixels, and then move it with mouse or cursor keys, it takes about 2 seconds to react to the image. That means it takes 2 seconds to make the semi-transparent thumbnail of the desired motion, and again about 1 second until you release the mouse button clicks, the non-transparent image. I have a fairly fast computer (Intel i5 with 8 GB RAM), and everything else goes right fix. So I must set the resolution down on "Picture Tools -> Compress Pictures -> Format". Or? Unfortunately, this does not work - the picture shows constant after each change to 220 ppi or more, the "Original Size" does not change.

I have found in the Files - not> Sun compress images in file> Options -> Advanced - -> Image Size and Quality "is not checked, to anticipate the question. This behavior makes it impossible for me to work with PPT 2010th I work at the moment mostly on a virtual XP with PPT 2003rd. Can we at least turn off these semi-transparent preview in PPT 2010?

Re: Resolution of images in PowerPoint 2010 changes

How many pictures have you in the presentation? How were they inserted? What file format do they have? How big (in MB) is your presentation? 1400 pixel width is not really too big for a film-filling image. (A sheet is 25.4 cm = 10 inch wide, an image with 1500 pixels at 150 dpi resolution would inch even 10) Your way to compress the images is all right. However, the 220 dpi that appear are not the actual solution of the picture, but the default dpi number on the back, the display again and again.

I agree with you but that a reaction time of 2 sec is unusually long. I'm not sure if the semi-transparent preview of PowerPoint is itself. Do you have Windows Aero (transparency) turned on? Just try to eliminate the transient. When you insert pictures into Word or Excel, which behave as "held back"? If you move a drawn shape, you look at a lag?

I am not having Windows Aero. I am not knowing whether there is some problem with my MS Office 2010.!! Many times along with images, fonts also gets blurred automatically. Still I have not tried to reinstall the application. What you members think, should I reinstall the PowerPoint? Will that help?