Thread: NVIDIA VGA driver installation issue - aspire 5520G

NVIDIA VGA driver installation issue - aspire 5520G

My dad bought a new aspire 5520G for me. It has installed Windows Vista 32 bit installed in it. I download the NVIDIA driver for the laptop and when I tried to install in my laptop, it shows me sme error message that , "the nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware." I am not getting the reason behind this Therefore I am posting this here. Can you tell me any possible reason behind this and how can I resolve it?

Re: NVIDIA VGA driver installation issue - aspire 5520G

There may be problem with the driver setup which you are using. It may be corrupted. I think you should download the latest driver I mean a fresh copy from internet and try to do a fresh installation again. Make sure that you have already uninstalled the exiting driver because if there exist a previous driver then it will not allow you to install the new one. This will be helpful to you in this condition.

Do you have SP1 installed. I m asking you this because Acer have vga driver the windows with SP1 and without SP1. If you are having windows with SP1 and you are trying to install the driver which is made for windows without SP1 then you will get the error like this. This is the first thing that you should check before doing anything else.

As you told that your dad have bought it new so think you must have the warranty card for that. Just see that whether it is in warranty period or not. If it is under warranty then you should not try anything from yourself. Just take to the shop from where you bought it. And if they are not able to help you then you can send it back to the manufacturer and they will definitely help you to get out of this.