Thread: Add VLC Player to autoplay menu on vista 64 bit

Add VLC Player to autoplay menu on vista 64 bit

I have encompassed and got Vista 64-Bit (and I detestation it so far.) and installed VLC a at the same time as ago, the whole thing additional than one thing is going well. I not be able to add VLC to the autoplay alternative for DVDs. These bugs I for some time at present and I not be able to locate no matter which on the web / in this discussion. So, does anyone be familiar with how to add it to this register. Most of them do not have encompassed windows developers, even less Windows 64 developers.

Re: Add VLC Player to autoplay menu on vista 64 bit

It position that is for Windows XP additional than I have encompassed and tried it on my Vista Ultimate x64 and runs absolutely. I be familiar with that it runs by means of internet explorer 7 and it does not by means of Chrome so I recommend you to utilize IE7 to include no tribulations. Subsequent to you comprised the downloaded the registry editor you have to open Regedit.exe and go to: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VideoLAN.Autorun\shell\playdvd\command] and delete "@0:1" and then go to [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VideoLAN.Autorun\shell\playcd\command] and delete "@1".

I tweaked the regulations from internet and it runs for Vista-64 bit. Paste the subsequent code into a .txt file and save. Then revolutionize ".txt" to ".reg". After that yo8u have to right hit it off the file and select "Merge" and recognize the entire the prompts. Afterwards you be supposed to be capable to insert a DVD and VLC Media Player determine to open up and autoplay, or at least bring you to the DVD's most important menu. This got vlc in the autoplay menu additional than at present I get.

Create certain that path to vlc.exe is right, the on top of illustration works for a 64 bit system. In addition you encompass to create certain you utilize twice backslashes for the reg file to work. For illustration you might encompass to revolutionize it to C:\\Program Files\\VideoLAN\\VLC\\vlc.exe in every of the 6 places the file path is required. Subsequent to I corrected the file, the error went absent on my system and the icon showed up appropriately. "This file does not have comprised a program associated by means of it for performing this action. Generate an association in the Set Associations control panel."

I would similar to add VLC Player to the Defaulting Programs register in Vista 64, SP1. I originate a method to get VLC into the AutoPlay register, and set VLC as 'default' within the AutoPlay dropdown register, on the other hand, when inserting a DVD the VLC player opens additional than does not play the DVD, says "not be able to open "L" (DVD drive). In addition, within Windows Mail attachments, subsequent to assigning VLC as defaulting for some "file extensions" the attached files determine to not open, says "there is no organization set for this file type", and I am forced to "save as" to make possible playing of the file. I believe the tribulations are that VLC does not demonstrate up in the Defaulting Programs List.

I have comprised and immediately downloaded VLC it comes into view that it is Ver 0.9.8a I downloaded it particularly to play .flv files. I in addition have encompassed accurately the similar tribulations as outlined by jeff_p101 An .flv attachment determine to not play in Windows Mail (using Windows Vista0 additional than if I save it to the Desktop, and then twice hit it off it, it determine to immediately start (there is a File Association previously set). The entire additional attachment types play by their respective programs when the attachment in email is clicked.

They are superior updates although. I similar to taking tranquil in VLC and the capability to go frame by frame in the most recent bring up to date is great. I used to immediately slam on the mouse similar to a nut hoping I would get the frame I required and that it would not be blurry. I do not observe myself switching. VLC has been too superior to me in excess of the years. They earned a fan by creating a lightweight the entire purpose media player that plays the whole thing instantly no tribulations, by means of lots of extras built in. This autoplay thing is the merely tribulations, and it's actually not a big deal.